Skrill Betting Sites Guide
Skrill is an e-wallet system and one of the accepted payment methods at online gambling sites for Ireland. It allows you to place real money bets without having to hand over your credit or debit card details. Our BettingTop10 guide will provide you with all the information you need including deposits and withdrawals, customer support, fees, and more. Setting up a Skrill account is easy and all you have to do is provide them with your email address, password, name, date of birth, billing address, bank card and account information, and proof of your identity. Signing up is free but there is a €1 fee if your account is inactive.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Skill in Ireland
There are lots of reasons for choosing this payment method including:
- Your personal information is kept private and you never have to give your name and address to online betting websites.
- You have instant access to your funds.
- Accepted in more than 200 countries including Ireland and the UK.
- Some online bookmakers offer special bonus deals when you use this deposit method.
- Customer support is available 24/7
- You can use this option for deposits and withdrawals.
- Excellent safety protocols are in place.
- You earn loyalty points for all your transactions.
There are very few disadvantages to using Skrill.
- When using Skrill as a deposit method there may be fees charged by your sportsbook. These are lower than most of their e-wallet competitors and much lower than the charges for using credit/debit cards.
- Not all betting sites accept this payment method.
Making a Deposit at a Sportbook Using Skrill
You can use this payment method at most real money sportsbooks for Ireland. To make a deposit all you have to do is visit the cashier section of your chosen sportsbook and click on the Skrill payment option.
The page will load and you will be asked to choose the amount of money you want to transfer. When you hit submit you will redirected to the Skrill website where you login and confirm the transfer. The money will instantly transfer to your sports betting account. Deposits are instant and some betting sites run special bonus offers when you choose this payment method.
Withdrawing Your Winnings
Withdrawing your winnings using Skrill is just as easy as making a deposit and the steps are laid out below.
Step 1: Visit the cashier section of your sportsbook and select your e-wallet.
Step 2: Fill in the details and the amount you want to withdraw. Withdrawals are usually instant and the money will leave your online betting account immediately.
Step 3: Wait for the money to appear in your Skrill account.
Withdrawals can take from a couple of hours up to a day and this depends on the online bookmakers you are using. Some online gambling sites have pending periods that must pass before they process withdrawals so be sure to check on this. Security is excellent and this e-wallet is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).