Scotland vs Ireland: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, February 9th, 2019 @14:15
Scotland look to build on a good start to the 6 Nations Rugby Championship with a home win against the defending champions, Ireland.
Eddie Jones’ England put the Irish to the sword in Dublin last weekend, however, class does not disappear that quickly. The Irish will be seeking to put their title defence back on track.
Look for the Scots to put on a brave showing against the Irish in front of their home Edinburgh crowd and push them to the brink. However, Ireland’s big match pedigree should shine through in the end to outlast the dogged Scottish resistance.
Ireland to emerge victorious.
The loss to England was a blip. Ireland have been in great form recently. They’ll be looking to continue that rich vein form against Scotland in Joe Schmidt’s last year as Irish coach.
Anything other than an Irish win would be an upset – Ireland are at short odds;
- Ireland to defeat Scotland
Best Odds on Ireland to win the 6 Nations Championship
Our panel of researchers have uncovered that of the top betting sites, Betfair, have the best available odds on Ireland to repeat their 2018 6 Nations Championship this year, despite the loss to England;
- Ireland to win the 2019 6 Nations Championship
1 x 2 Odds
Played 134. Scotland Won 67. Ireland Won 62. 5 Draws.
Ireland easily accounted for Scotland 28-8 in the 2018 6 Nations.
- Scotland have won the 6 Nations title 15 times, and Ireland 14.
- Scotland’s last tournament win came in 1999 – the last year of the 5 Nations before Italy’s inclusion.
- Ireland stand poised to overtake New Zealand as the World Number 1 team, only 1.37 points behind the mighty All Blacks.
- The last time the two times met in Scotland, in 2017, the Scots prevailed 27-22 in a shock upset.
- Ireland’s last win in Scotland came in 2015, a 40-10 thumping.