Rapid Wien vs Villarreal: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Rapid Wien will be aiming for home revenge after an embarrassing thumping at the hands of Villarreal in Spain during match day three.
The atmosphere is group G can be cut with a knife with just three points separating top from bottom.
That means opportunities remain rife for all four sides, but it is Villarreal who head to Austria with the bit between their teeth after dismantling Rapid 5-0 at the Estadio de la Cerámica.
With five points to Rapid’s three, there is the real opportunity for Javier Calleja’s Yellow Submarine to put some serious daylight between themselves and the chasing pack as the group stages enter their latter stages.
However, Rapid Wien are no pushovers on home soil and have not been beaten at the Allianz Stadion in their last six European home games (four wins and two draws).
However, one may suggest that a draw will suit Villarreal quite nicely especially as they face another away trip in La Liga at the weekend against Rayo Vallecano.
Both sides are on the draw trail at the moment as the home side drew 2-2 with Rheindorf Altach at the weekend and the Spaniards have drawn their last two matches against Almeria and Levante respectively.
That makes the draw a suitable outcome for a game that will leave both still in control of their group G futures and a steady if uninspiring 1-1 draw the likely outcome.
- Both teams to score
Villarreal undoubtedly proved their scoring credentials in their last outing against Rapid Wien scoring five.
However, since that result, Rapid have gone on to net seven times in just three games.
- Villarreal to score in the first half
The Yellow Submarine have netted first in all three of their Europa League games so far this season and are yet to fail to score in the first half in the group stage.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Villarreal certainly got the better of the two when they met in match day three of this seasons Europa League in Spain.
A thumping 5-0 was the score line putting Javier Calleja’s Yellow Submarine firmly on track in group G.
Five different goal scorers also showed Villarreal’s strength across the pitch, but Rapid Wien will not be too disheartened.
The last time Villarreal visited Austria to take on Rapid they lost 2-1 to the home side during the 2015/16 group stage even of Villarreal did win in Spain 1-0.
- Rapid Wien are unbeaten in their last European home games winning four and drawing two.
- Villarreal hammered Rapid Wien 5-0 in match day three with five different goal scorers including a Barac own goal.
- Only Sevilla with 12 goals have scored more than Villarreal in the group stages so far (10).
- No side in group G can qualify for the latter stages of tournament in match day four as just three points separates top from bottom.
- Rapid were victorious the last time Villarreal came to Austria winning 2-1 during the 2015/16 Europa League group stage.