Betting Payment Methods
Online betting sites are a great way to gamble for real money from the comfort of your own home. In Ireland, there are specific payment methods that you can use and one this page of our website, our BettingTop10 experts have listed the options you can choose from as well as providing all the relevant information you will need.
This includes helpful information on depositing and withdrawing as well as helping you decide which of the payment methods will work best for you. Our guide also includes what to take into consideration such as safety, processing times, and more.
Types of Payment Methods Available in Ireland
There are several payment methods available when it comes to managing your online betting account. They are all different and include:
- Credit & Debit Cards: Debit cards are linked to your bank account and can be used to make deposits and withdrawals. Adding money is instant and there is no additional cost for using your card. The most popular choices are Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, and Maestro. Credit cards are not linked to your bank account and funds that you transfer will incur interest fees. Transfers are instant but you may find that some bookmakers charge a small fee. Popular choices include Visa and MasterCard. These methods are available at all major betting sites including William Hill and Ladbrokes.
- Bank Transfer: This involves transferring money directly from your bank into your online gambling account. There are no costs involved but, it can take several days for the money to be processed. You can use it for deposits and withdrawals. You can also use instant bank transfers which can be done through your online banking account. Sites that accept this method include Bet365, BetVictor, and Betfair.
- E-wallets & Web Wallets: E-wallets are one of the most popular payment methods in Ireland. You don’t have to give out your card details. Deposits are instant although charges can vary. To use an e-wallet you must create an account with the service provider. This is free and you deposit funds into this account. You can also withdraw funds to your e-wallet too. Popular choices include PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, EcoPayz, Instadebit, and Apple Pay. All the best sportsbooks have this option including Paddy Power and Sky Bet.
- Cash or Prepaid Cards: Prepaid cards are like your debit card but you top them up using cash. Some are physical cards and others are virtual. Transactions are instant and fees will vary depending on the provider. Popular choices for Ireland include PaysafeCard and Entropay which you can use at BoyleSports, William Hill, and Paddy Power.
- Bitcoin: This is another alternative that can be used for funding your betting account and cashing out your winnings. Bitcoin is a virtual currency that has grown in popular over the past number of years. It is a safe and secure method and is being accepted at more and more sites. It is currently available at Bet365.
How To Make Deposits To Your Online Betting Account
Before you can place your bets, you must add money to your bankroll. To do this you visit the cashier section of the site and choose from the payment methods available. Fill in the required information on the form and click on the deposit button. Depositing funds is usually instant unless you use bank transfers which can take a few days to process. Be sure to check the minimum deposit amount especially if you are claiming a sign-up bonus. Some bookmakers offer a special bonus when you use a particular deposit method such as Neteller or Skrill and this is typically 10% to 15%. If a bonus code is required be sure to add this into the cashier section before making your deposit too.
Security is important and all the sites we recommend use the latest SSL encryption technology to keep all your data safe.
Withdrawing Your Winnings
The withdrawal process for Ireland is quite simple but again it can different from site to site.
Step 1: Log into your betting account and visit the cashier section.
Step 2: Choose the withdrawal option. It is important to note that not all payment methods allow withdrawing and you may find the you can only cash out your winnings using the method in which you made your initial deposit. If this is the case, you will only have one option to choose from. Click on this.
Step 3: Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and provide any other information required.
Step 4: Wait for your money to arrive.
Withdrawal times can vary depending on the payment methods. Once you have completed your cash out request it can take anywhere from minutes up to a week. In general, e-wallets such as PayPal, Neteller, or Skrill happen within 24 hours. Debit and credit cards can take anywhere from 1 – 5 working days, and bank transfers up to 10 working days. It is also worth noting, that many betting sites have pending periods also. This is usually between 24 and 48 hours. This time allows players to change their mind and cancel their request. Once this time has lapsed, the withdrawal is processed.
Withdrawal Requirements For New Customers From Ireland
If it is your first time requesting a pay out, there are some pieces of information that you will be required to give to verify who you are. This includes a copy of your photographic ID, a certificate of residence (a household bill), images of the front and back of the credit card you used to make your deposit. This is standard procedure and a way to prevent fraud. The information is used to verify your identity only and will not be shared with a third party. Once the documents have been verified, you won’t have to submit them again.
Don’t forget to check the terms and conditions as well as the minimum and maximum withdrawal amounts. If you have claimed a bonus you also need to make sure you’ve cleared the wagering requirements.