Nottingham Forest vs Bristol City: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Nottingham Forest welcome Bristol City to the City Ground looking for some much needed stability after manager Aitor Karanka left the club just before their most recent match.
It was something of a surprise when Aitor Karanka announced he would be leaving Nottingham Forest before their match with Reading. His relationship with the owners had been strained however and now Forest must concentrate on performances as they attempt to make the play offs. The club seems to be in a bit of disarray however and Bristol City could well capitalise.
Bristol City are on a great run of form – they have won their last three matches and haven’t lost since the end of November. They came back from a goal down to beat Bolton last time out and will fancy their chances of getting three points against a Forest side unsure of what is happening next.
Forest endured a terrible Christmas period with only the win against Leeds United on New Year’s Day putting smiles on the faces of the fans. More uncertainty over the manager’s position could really affect Forest’s season and if they do not get things sorted out quickly they may well drop down the table.
Bristol City’s impressive results have lifted the West Country club to seventh in the table, just outside the play off spots. Although it is a bit early to be making a push for promotion they will believe that they can get another win here and put themselves in with a chance of a return to the top flight. This could end 2-1 to the visitors.
- Bristol City win to nil
Online betting sites may have taken into account Forest’s current managerial crisis but these are still pretty good odds for the Robins to come away with a win.
- Bristol City to win and both teams to score
Forest do not look in a good way but they do have enough talent to get on the score sheet against Bristol City. Whether they win the game is another question all together however.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
This fixture has been relatively low scoring in the last few seasons with the match at the City Ground last campaign finishing 0-0. The sides also played out a draw at Ashton Gate on the opening day of the season.
- Nottingham Forest have changed their manager at least once in every calendar year since 2011.
- Only two other sides in the top half of the Championship have scored fewer goals than Bristol City this season.
- Nottingham Forest have recorded the most drawn games in the league this season. Alongside Birmingham City they have picked up just a point on 12 separate occasions.
- If Bristol City win against Nottingham Forest they will have recorded as many victories in their last 10 matches as they did in the previous 18.