Norwich City vs Derby County: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Norwich face their second East Midlands opponents in four days as they welcome Frank Lampard’s Derby County to Carrow Road.
After a poor start to the season Norwich have played some very impressive football recently and have well deserved their position towards the top of the Championship. But this is a very tough division to get out of and head coach Daniel Farke will know that there is no room to slip up – especially against the clubs closest to them in the table.
Frank Lampard may have wanted to turn a few more of his side’s draws into victories but all in all it has been a good season so far for Derby. They are sitting in the play off spots and only narrowly lost to Chelsea in the EFL Cup after knocking out Manchester United in the previous round. Norwich is a tough proposition though and the Rams will have to be on top of their game to get anything from this one.
Norwich only won one of their six opening fixtures but have looked like the team to beat in the Championship since then – and Finnish striker Teemu Pukki has been instrumental in many of their performances. He is one of the top goal scorers in the division and will be looking to add to his tally against Derby.
Derby are in the middle of a very tough run of fixtures, having drawn against local rivals Forest, as well as Bristol City, before facing Norwich – and then have Middlesbrough and Leeds in the new year. A point would be a good result but a Norwich home win seems more likely and this one could end 2-1 to the hosts.
- Norwich City to win
Derby are looking good for a play off spot at the end of the season but the online betting sites seem to be offering attractive odds for a home win and that looks too good to pass up.
- Norwich to win and total goals over 1.5
If Norwich show their recent form they should be get the three points – but Derby have an attacking side and there could be a few goals from both teams to cheer in this one.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
This has been a fairly even fixture over the years. These two drew 1-1 at Pride Park earlier in the season and last year’s match at Carrow Road ended in a 2-1 victory for the visitors thanks to a late winner.
- Norwich City have played some delightful attacking football this season and only West Brom and Aston Villa have scored more in the league than the Canaries.
- It is now 10 years since Derby County played in the top flight and their fans won’t want to be reminded of their record low points tally of 11 that season.
- Before Daniel Farke took over at Norwich he had only ever managed Borussia Dortmund’s second team and SV Lippstadt 08 – the side he played the majority of his career for.
- Derby County have not been afraid of playing hard this season but the refs have not always given them the benefit of the doubt – only Bolton, Forest and Wigan have picked up more yellow cards.