Man Utd vs Newcastle: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez meet with a sense of gloom and frustration surrounding both their clubs.
Jose Mourinho’s team selection for the game against West Ham raised a few eyebrows and the XI on the pitch did their boss no favours as they looked well off the pace at the London Stadium. Paul Pogba did not impose himself onto the match at all but he shouldn’t really be singled out as the entire team underperformed.
The only good news for Mourinho is that they are now to play a side looking even worse than them – with even more problems behind the scenes. Newcastle are yet to win a single game this season – although they have had to face some of the top sides already – and they desperately need to get some more points on the board.
Alexis Sanchez was left out of the United squad for the trip to West Ham – although he was still forced to make the trip – and he looks like just the latest Manchester United player that Mourinho seems keen to rub up the wrong way. The Old Trafford changing room is certainly not a harmonious place at the moment.
Rafa Benitez was upset with the lack of financial support in the summer to bolster his squad for the season and with all the rumours and goings on concerning a possible takeover, the instability off the pitch looks like it is affecting what is happening on the pitch as well. Manchester United may not be playing well but a 2-0 victory could be on the cards.
- Manchester United to win
Manchester United have lost to Spurs and drawn against promoted Wolves at home already this season but should have more than enough to see off the challenge of an equally troubled club.
- Manchester United to win to nil
Newcastle may have scored against Manchester City and Arsenal but they did lose both those games and have not scored at all in the last two Premier League matches. Expect that form to continue at Old Trafford.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Everything went right for Manchester United in this fixture last season after they got over Dwight Gayle opening the scoring. A 4-1 victory followed up at 1-1 draw earlier in the season.
- This is officially Manchester United’s worst ever start to a Premier League season. With just 10 points after 7 games they equalled the start made when David Moyes took over from Alex Ferguson.
- Newcastle have scored just four goals in the Premier League this season. Only Huddersfield Town have scored fewer.
- They may not have started this season very well but Manchester United have won the most games in the Premier League era – 632.
- With only two points to their name so far Newcastle have recorded the most defeats so far this season – tied at the top of that miserable table on five with Huddersfield.