Man City vs Wolves: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Manchester City look to maintain the pressure on Liverpool at the top of the Premier League with victory over an unpredictable but wealthy Wolverhampton Wanderers.
2019 has started with aplomb for Manchester City. First up was a win over title rivals Liverpool that swung the title pendulum somewhat back into City’s control, and second was an FA Cup thrashing of Rotherham.
If the start of the year is anything to go by then Wolves had better beware, especially as a home defeat to Crystal Palace in the Premier League was hardly the best way for Nuno Espírito Santo to kick off the new year.
The visitors record against City also leaves cause for concern having won just one of the last 10 contests between the two in all competitions.
Unfortunately for them, Manchester City pose a step up in class despite snatching a 1-1 draw back in August at Molineux.
City look back to their best and average over three goals per game at home this season whilst Wolves have managed just 11 on the road making a comfortable 3-0 home win the prediction for this one.
- Man City to win to nil
Wolves have failed to score a goal against City since October 2011 making this a smart bet when looking for value with the best betting sites for outright match odds.
- The second half to have more goals
Five of City’s nine goals this year have come in the second half with the home side traditionally coming to life in the second 45.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
A 69th minute strike by Laporte was required in order for City to take home a point in a tense affair at Molineux earlier in the campaign.
Willy Boly put the home side ahead in the 57th minute in a well-earned point for both sides.
However, Manchester City have not lost at home to Wolves since August 1999 when the pair met in a Division One contest.
Overall, Manchester City has won 47 times with Wolves claiming 46 wins and a total of 25 draws since the pair first met in a 1-1 league draw in 1899.
- Manchester City have the best home record in the Premier League this season with nine wins and one loss from their 10 games.
- Wolves have only lost 30% of their away games this season whilst picking up 15 points on the road.
- No side has had more shots than Manchester City’s 366 in the Premier League this season.
- Wolves forward Raúl Jiménez has hit the woodwork three times already this season.
- Wolves have not won at Manchester City since a 1999 Division One clash.