Liverpool vs Man City: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
It is the game everyone wants to see as Jurgen Klopp’s highly entertaining Liverpool side take on the immovable object that is Manchester City.
Over the last couple of years Liverpool have proven to be City’s Achilles heel and there is something of a fear factor for Guardiola of Klopp’s red heroes. The eyes of the world will be on this one and only a fool will look away.
Unbeaten goes up against unbeaten late on Sunday afternoon but Liverpool will come into the game arguably the most of any side set to face Premier League Champions Manchester City.
That is because the reds recorded three straight wins over City in the space of four months in 2018, first in the Premier League and then in the Champions League double header.
With so much quality on the pitch, the game is a tricky one to call but you suggest both will be happy to get out of the game with their unbeaten records intact.
If both managers were offered a draw they would probably bite your hand off and that is why our prediction makes for a highly entertaining 2-2 draw.
- Over 3.5 goals in the game
With the undeniable attacking quality on show, goals look a sure thing.
To back it up, the last two Premier League games between these two has yielded a whopping twelve goals and eighteen goals scored between the two in their last four meetings in all competitions.
- Both teams to score
Another absolute no brainer of a bet.
Neither side has failed to score a goal in any competitive game they have been involved in this season making goal mouth action one of the easiest winnable bets you are likely to get this season.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Unsurprisingly, history is rich between the two.
Over history, Liverpool boast a superior record with 104 wins to Manchester City’s 54.
However, it is the recent history between the two that makes for more accurate reading and shows just how much Manchester City appear to have something of a Liverpool hoodoo.
The Reds have won seven of the last ten meetings between the two with just two City wins and one draw.
However, in the league last season both sides took three points with City thumping Liverpool 5-0 at the Etihad and the Reds claiming a 4-3 victory at Anfield.
- The first ever meeting between the two was recorded in 1893 when City were known as Ardwick. Liverpool won the match 1-0 that day.
- Manchester City and Liverpool were the top two scorers in the Premier League last season and scored a remarkable 190 combined goals.
- City have already scored six more goals than anyone else this season with 21 with Liverpool on 15.
- Liverpool were the only side to go through the whole of last season without losing a game at home.
- Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson and Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson have both kept four clean sheets this season which is the most in the league.