Liverpool vs Crystal Palace: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Liverpool look to extend their lead at the top of the table as they welcome Roy Hodgson’s Crystal Palace to Anfield.
Liverpool showed against Brighton that they could come back from the disappointment of losing their unbeaten record and won three points that once again put the pressure on Manchester City. Without ever sparkling, Jürgen Klopp’s men did enough to get the victory and that is exactly the type of display that they need to replicate if they are to win the Premier League this season.
Roy Hodgson will be hoping that Wilfried Zaha can regain the form he showed earlier in the season as Palace desperately need their Ivory Coast international to lead the way in what will be a very tough match for the visitors. Losing at home to Watford last time out was a massive disappointment and even a draw at Anfield would be a massive bonus for the Eagles.
Liverpool are not used to losing this season so successive defeats to Manchester City and Wolves may have caused some of their players to start worrying. The win against Brighton showed that is not the case and a home win here will be heavily favoured by the majority of online betting sites.
Crystal palace had an excellent Christmas period considering the teams that they had to face. The victory at Manchester City is the obvious highlight – and one that would have pleased their opponents here no end. Another away victory against Liverpool seems unlikely however and if the home side are in the mood this could be a big win for the Reds. Expect goals – this could end 3-0 to Liverpool.
- Liverpool to win to nil at Evens
Palace have struggled to find the net this season and it is unlikely that will change at Anfield. Alisson may well add to collection of clean sheets here.
- Liverpool to win by three or more goals
Although they only managed the one goal against Brighton – and from the penalty spot – Liverpool have the attacking talent to punish any sloppy defending and they could get a few goals in this one.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
Liverpool have enjoyed the most success in this fixture although last season’s home win was their first for three seasons.
- Mo Salah is looking like he will be battling for the Golden Boot once again this season. Without the extravagance of last season he still tops the goal charts – alongside Aubameyang and Kane – on 14.
- Wilfried Zaha may be Palace’s danger man but he has not scored or laid on an assist in the last 13 matches.
- Proving that the Egyptian striker is much more than just goals, Salah has seven assists to his name in the Premier League this season – only Eden Hazard and Ryan Fraser have more.
- Although they lie in 14th position going into this match, only three sides have scored fewer Premier League goals than Crystal Palace.