Liverpool vs Arsenal: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
The Premier League match of the weekend sees Jürgen Klopp welcome Arsenal to Anfield as his side look to extend their lead at the top of the table.
Liverpool have been in incredible form this season and are looking like real title contenders as the year draws to a close. Defensive frailties have been completely ironed out and the addition of Alisson in goal has meant that Liverpool never look like conceding many, whoever they are playing.
Arsenal’s long unbeaten run was ended by a new look Southampton side a couple of weeks ago but Unai Emery has created a team that look dangerous both home and away – something that wasn’t always the case under Arsene Wenger. Visiting Anfield is not an easy trip these days however and a draw for the Gunners would be regarded as a good result.
With Manchester City next up for Liverpool, the Christmas period is a huge test for the Merseyside club as they look to prove that they have what it takes to win the Premier League. There doesn’t seem to be a weak link in the squad at the moment and a home victory – even against a strong side as Arsenal – will be what most sports betting sites will be predicting.
After back-to-back defeats at the start of the season Arsenal have looked the real deal with Emery able to get the best of his twin strike force of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette. But the Liverpool defence may keep them quiet in this one – and the home side could win 2-1.
- Liverpool to win and both teams to score
It is a brave person who bets against Liverpool these days – but Arsenal have only failed to score in one Premier League game all season and should be able to find the net at Anfield.
- Liverpool to win 2-1
For longer odds, Liverpool to win by the odd goal in three seems to be as good as any correct score bet given the strengths of both sides’ forward play.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
Arsenal salvaged a point at home earlier in the season thanks to a late Lacazette goal but Liverpool won this fixture 4-0 last season and have not lost to Arsenal at home since 2012.
- Aubameyang and Salah have been battling out the top goal scorer prize all season – but going into the Christmas period the Arsenal striker was the main man with 12 goals.
- Alisson is still proving to be one of the buys of the season – given what he adds to his team. He has now kept 11 clean sheets, more than any other keeper in the Premier League.
- Manchester City may have scored the most goals in the league this season but Arsenal and Liverpool are keeping in touch and have both scored over two goals a game on average.
- It looks like Aaron Ramsey will be leaving the Emirates in the summer as his contract runs out but the Welshman has been instrumental in much of Arsenal’s football this campaign – only Eden Hazard, Leroy Sane and Ryan Fraser have more assists.