Italy vs Wales: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, February 9th, 2019 @16:45
6 Nations rivals, Italy and Wales lock horns at Rome’s famous Stadio Olimpico with the Italians in search of a big upset home victory over a Welsh Rugby team desperate to win for their departing coach.
Last week, Wales took advantage of French generosity to come from 16-0 down at half-time and win in Paris. As always, it was a matter of which France turned up. To half-time, the French were sublime. In the second half, they were awful. Wales knew exactly how to take advantage.
Wales are dedicated as a team to send out departing coach Warren Gatland as a winner. With that in mind, the Welsh will be looking to hand the Italians a heavy defeat and boost their for-and-against points tally in the process.
For their part, Italy will look to build on last week’s 33-20 loss in Scotland.
Despite the imposing atmosphere at the Stadio Olimpico;
Wales to be too strong for Italy.
Wales are the short-priced favourites and should win well in Rome.
- Wales to defeat Italy
Best Odds on Wales to win the 6 Nations Championship
Of the best betting sites in the country, Betfair, have the best odds available the market for Warren Gatland’s determined Welsh team to take out the 6 Nations title in 2019;
- Wales to win the 2019 6 Nations Championship
1 x 2 Odds
Played 26. Wales Won 23. Italy Won 2. Drawn 1.
In the 2018 Six Nations, Wales outgunned Italy 38-14 in Cardiff.
- Wales have won the last 12 contests between the two countries, dating back to Italy’s last win in 2007.
- Over those 12 contests, Wales has outscored Italy 419 to 170!
- Both of Italy’s two wins over Wales have occurred in Rome.
- Welsh captain, Alun Wyn Jones, is his country second-most capped player with 120 appearances for the national team, and if fit, should pass the record during the Rugby World Cup.