Italy vs Ireland: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
24 February 2019 – 15:00 Local Time
Six Nations Rugby returns to Rome’s Stadio Olimpico this week as Italy look to derail Ireland’s Championship defence, and the Irish search for a big win to increase their for-and-against points differential.
Ireland’s game-management was superb last week at Murrayfield when they denied Scotland the ball as the Scots searched for victory.
Expect the Irish attack to express themselves in Rome in a more free-wheeling display, and pile on plenty of points.
Ireland to be too strong for Italy.
Ireland are the odds-on favourites to defeat Italy handsomely in Rome;
Ireland to defeat Italy
Best Special Bets on Italy v Ireland
- Italy to score first points
- Ireland to win by 44 points or more
Best Odds on Ireland to win the Six Nations Championship
Ireland bounced back with a defeat of Scotland last week and could yet retain their Six Nations Championship. Despite England and Wales favouritism, Ireland are well worth a punt at with one of the top betting sites to retain their Six Nations title in 2019;
- Ireland to win the 2019 6 Nations Championship
1 x 2 Odds
Played 29. Ireland Won 25. Italy Won 4. Drawn 0.
In the 2018 Six Nations, Ireland outgunned Italy 56-19 in Dublin.
The two teams met again in November 2018 in the United States, with Ireland prevailing 54-7 in Chicago.
- Italy last beat Ireland in 2013, a 22-15 win in Rome.
- Italy defeated Ireland in 3 of their first 4 meetings!
- In their last 7 clashes, Ireland have outscored Italy 319–70.
- Italy last defeated a Tier 1 Rugby nation in 2016, with a 20-18 win over South Africa in Florence.
- Italy have a strong tie with Ireland – the Italian coach is Conor O’Shea, who has coached Italy 30 times for 6 wins. O’Shea played 35 internationals (mostly at fullback) for Ireland.