Huddersfield vs Tottenham: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – Premier League
Tottenham’s woes were put behind them at the weekend with a win over Brighton and they will be spying more points as they head Yorkshire to do battle with Huddersfield.
Winless and rock bottom Huddersfield appear to be suffering second season syndrome as they attempt to punch above their weight for another campaign.
Prior to the weekend, Tottenham looked like they were in self destruct mode with manager Mauricio Pochettino giving off unsettling interviews as his side fell to three straight defeats in all competitions.
However, isn’t it remarkable how three points can change everything and suddenly the North Londoners head ‘up north’ full of confidence.
As well they should, Huddersfield have been found out this season and just two points from their opening six games leaves David Wagner’s men bottom of the pile.
The visit of Tottenham is probably not on Wagner’s Wishlist especially as Spurs ran six goals through the Terriers last season in their two meetings to no reply.
Spurs may not quite be back to their best, but Huddersfield should be no problem and a repeat of their 2-0 win at Wembley looks set propel Tottenham further up the table.
- Tottenham to keep a clean sheet
Tottenham’s last visit to the John Smith’s Stadium was a happy affair for Pochettino as his side ran out 4-0 winners.
In fact, Huddersfield have not scored against Tottenham since 1972 even if that was technically three games ago but with just three goals to their name all season, expect the Terriers drought to continue.
- Spurs to win the first half
Four of Tottenham’s six goals against Huddersfield last season came in the opening 27 minutes meaning a fast-starting Spurs is a bet not to be missed.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The pair has only met twice in the Premier League era as mentioned above with Spurs running out 6-0 winners on aggregate (4-0 at Huddersfield and 2-0 at Wembley).
History over the last half a century is not particularly kind to the Terriers and you have to go all the way back to 1956 for the last time Huddersfield beat Tottenham.
However, Huddersfield were the dominant team in the 1920’s in England and it is because of that, the reason in total the Terriers have beaten Spurs sixteen times with Tottenham winning thirteen times and thirteen draws.
- Huddersfield Town have not beaten Tottenham since 1956 and not at home since 1955.
- The pair first met in a 1920 League Division Two clash in which an uneventful 1-1 draw was played out.
- Huddersfield have conceded the joint highest number of goals with Cardiff this season with 14.
- Tottenham have taken 13 more corners than Huddersfield this season with only West Ham on 19 having taken less than the Terriers (21).
- Huddersfield Terence Kongolo is one of only six players to have scored an own goal this season.