Crystal Palace vs Chelsea: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Crystal Palace and Chelsea end 2018 with a London derby as the hosts look to continue their giant killing exploits against the visitors, who have shown some vulnerability.
They say the festive period is a crucial time of the season as it can make or break a team’s campaign.
Seven points from three games is something the most ardent Palace fan would have thought impossible, but it has breathed life into the Eagles’ campaign just at the right time.
That is why there will be hope when Chelsea visit Selhurst Park for the final outing of 2018 after looking somewhat lacklustre in the defeat to Leicester.
However, after beating Watford 2-1 at Vicarage Road last time out and with six wins on the road to their name compared to Palace’s two wins at home, another tight 2-1 road victory for the Blues looks the best prediction for this game.
Especially when you consider a 2-1 score line has occurred in three of the last four meetings between the two.
- Both teams to score
A nice easy bet with popular betting sites this one considering all of the last four meetings between the two.
- Eden Hazard to score last
The Belgian superstar is once again having a superb season and has scored the winner for the Blues in their last three wins in all competitions.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
Despite Chelsea’s wealth, Crystal Palace match up reasonably well against their fellow Londoners.
In 2017, the Eagles beat the Blues twice, firstly 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in April and then 2-1 again at home in October.
That was spread over two seasons, though, and the Blues have already beaten Palace in the Premier League this season – 3-1 back in November.
Overall, Crystal Palace has won 12 games over Chelsea in all competitions with the Blues winning 26 and a total of 15 draws since the sides first meeting in a 1906 FA Cup tie.
- Crystal Palace won the first ever meeting between the two 7-1 in 1906.
- Only Manchester City have had more shots this season than Chelsea’s 308.
- Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha has been dispossessed more times than anyone else this season (74).
- You have to go back to March 1995 for the last time the pair played out a draw – that is sixteen games ago.
- Chelsea are yet to have a man sent off this season whilst Palace have seen red just once so far this campaign.