Guide To Online Cricket Betting
Welcome to the BettingTop10 cricket betting guide for Ireland. Here you will find everything you need to know about betting on cricket matches as well as the top sportsbooks that offer the best odds. We offer free betting tips and information on some of the biggest tournaments including IPL betting, the Ashes, and more. Below you will find cricket betting odds, tips, how to bet on cricket information and our very own BettingTop10 betting strategy. It’s all here in the one place and on our sportbetting reviews page you’ll find the best online bookmakers that offer live betting for both mobile and desktop as well as great free bonus offers too.
Up To €200
£20 Free Bet
€30 Welcome Offer
Bet £10 & Get £40
Bet €10 Get €30 Free
18+. New Customers Only.T&Cs Apply
Up To €100 In Free Bets
18+. New Customers Only. T&Cs Apply
Bet £10 Get £30 Free
Join Bet365 Today
€20 Risk Free
18+. New Customers Only.T&Cs Apply
Up To €30 Free Bet
Cricket Betting Odds
Betting odds in Ireland are displayed as either fractional or decimals. Fractions are the most common form and the one that most people will be familiar with. They are very easy to read and understand too.
- Fractional Odds: These odds are displayed as 2/1, 4/1, 9/4, etc. When spoken out loud this is “two to one”, “four to one”, etc. If your bet wins at 2/1, you win €2 for every €1 you wager plus you get your initial stake back. If you bet €1 your total win would be €3. The smaller the odds are, the better the chance you have of winning.
- Decimal Odds: This is where odds as displayed as decimals, e.g. 3.00. It is important to note that a 3.0 decimal is not the same as a 3/1 fractional odds. To calculate your winnings on decimal odds you multiply your bet by the decimal shown and the answer is the amount you will win including your initial stake. For example, if you have odds of 3.00 and you place a bet of €1, you will win €3 including your initial bet.
Online Cricket Betting Options
When placing bets on cricket, you aren’t just betting on who will win the match or even predicting who will win. There are a lot more bets that you can place and below you will find a list of the most popular cricket betting options for punters from Ireland.
- To win the match – this is where you bet on the team that will win the cricket match.
Man of the match – this is where you place your money on who you think will be named man of the match.
- Top Batsman – this is betting on who makes the most runs.
- Top Bowler – this is a bet on who takes the most wickets in a match.
- Leading wicket taker – this is similar to the leading run scorer.
- Next batsman out – this is where you predict who the next batsman out will be.
- To win the series – this is where you predict who will win a series of matches.
- To win the toss – you are betting on which team will bat first.
- Most sixes – you are betting on which batsman will hit maximum sixes during a match.
There are three different types of cricket match that can be bet on. The longest of these is the five day Test match. These are usually the most competitive with teams battling it out over four innings. There are shorter One Day (ODI) games as well and then there is the Twenty20 format. The shorter matches allow for more excitement and a more attacking style of play. Be sure to check what type of match you are betting on before handing over your money.
Cricket Betting Tips For Online Sportsbooks
If you want to win money betting on cricket there are few things you have to do before parting with your hard earned cash. Below you will find the BettingTop10 Tips for successful cricket betting online.
- Know the sport and be aware of upcoming cricket matches that are being played.
- Bet on who you think will be the most profitable based on the odds that are given.
- Choose a reputable online bookmakers. Our sportsbetting reviews will help you with this and any site listed has been tested and vetted by our team of experts so you can be sure your money is safe. We also make sure they offer a good bonus for new players too and a bet of the day.
- Stay on top of all the cricket news, be aware of injuries or player absences, and most importantly know how your favorite team has been performing during their previous matches.
How to Bet on Cricket Online
If you interested in cricket betting online our list of steps below will help get your started.
Step 1: Choose a reputable sportsbook and register for an account.
Step 2: Log into your account and make a deposit using one of the many payment methods available.
Step 3: Look at the list of cricket matches events taking place and choose the one you want to bet on.
Step 4: Choose the type of bet you want to place and select the amount you want to wager.
Step 5: Watch the match and collect your winnings if your wager is successful.
Cricket Betting Annual Events & Tournaments
There are a number of different annual events, tournaments and championships that Irish punters can bet on. These include:
- Masters Champions League – this is held in the United Arab Emirates and is a T20 format.
- Pakistan Super League – This is held in Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates and is a T20 format.
- ICC Test Championship – The location of this cricket event varies and it is test format.
- ICC World Cricket League – The location of this varies and it is in ODI format.
- Asia Cup – This is held annually in Asia in T20 and ODI formats.
- Sheffield Shield – This is held in Australia and is a First Class format.
- County Championship – This is held in England and Wales and is a First class format.
- Bangladesh Premier League – This is help in Bangladesh and is a T20 format.
- Cricket World Cup – held in various locations in ODI format.
- IPL – This is held in India and is a T20 format.
- ICC World Twenty20 – the location varies and is a T20 format.
- Ram Slam T20 Challenge – held in South Africa and is a T20 format.
- Big Bash League – held in Australia and is a T20 format.
- Sunfoil Series – held in South Africa and is Test format.
- The Ashes – Held in Australia and English and is Test Format.
- Momentum One Day Cup – held in South Africa in ODI format.
- ICC Champions Trophy – the location varies and it is ODI format.
A winning Strategy
When it comes to winning money on your bets, our cricket betting strategy can really help. Here at BettingTop10 our goal is the help you success and our winning strategy is just the thing. There are lots of cricket games that you can bet on and these range from big tournaments like IPL betting to smaller matches. Our expert tips will help you with your betting choices.
- If you are new to cricket betting one of the best pieces of advice any professional can give is that you do a little research on the cricket leagues and find out who’s who. Get information on the history of the teams participating and how they have been preforming each season. Knowledge is definitely power when it comes to betting.
- Be sure to understand the odds and find the best online bookmaker for your bets. Be sure you use a trusted and reliable site like the ones listed in our sportsbetting reviews.
- Cricket is played all year round and weather can affect players especially in away matches where they are not used to the climate. This tends to give home teams the advantage so be sure to bet wisely.
- Study the stats so you get an insight in the strengths and weaknesses of each team so you can get an edge over the sportsbook and the best odds. Certain teams and players prefer different formats so check the One Day, Test, and T20 stats.
- Look at the pitch conditions, time of match, and the weather too as this can affect the outcome of any game. Balls will deviate less on dry days, favoring the batsman. Overcast humid conditions can severely hinder the batting team.
- Take advantage of in-play betting options available at many of the top sportsbooks. The longer nature of this game means in-play betting is really popular and a cluster of wickets or a good batting session can dramatically affect things. IPL Betting using in-play is where a lot of money can be made.
- Average first innings scores are very important. Take note of these as they can give you a guideline of the rest of the game and this is especially useful when watching live steams and using in-play betting options.