Chelsea vs Liverpool: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – Premier League
Strap yourself in for one of domestic football’s most enthralling encounters as Liverpool head to the capital to take on rivals Chelsea.
The history between the two is vast as is the bad blood but with both sides unbeaten so far in the league, expect fireworks to light up Stamford Bridge once more even if the goal action may be lacking.
Predicting this game is a tough ask and one that leaves us sitting on the fence. This is because in the last four meetings between the two, Liverpool has won one, Chelsea has won one and there has been two draws.
Both sides also come into the game unbeaten in the league, but it was the home side who showed a chink in the armour first drawing with West Ham at the weekend whilst Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool still boast a 100% record.
However, Liverpool now face their sternest test so far and will hope to take advantage of Chelsea’s relative weakness up top.
Two of the last three games between the two has finished 1-1 and we see no reason for this to change in a contest that may be gruelling but may just lack for a little goal mouth action at times.
- Under 2.5 goals
That price is well worth taking and although many people may expect this to be a high scoring affair, quite the opposite is true.
Only one of the last five meetings between the two has seen three goals as two evenly matched sides collide.
The pair have a history of sharing the points and that is exactly what happened last season albeit at Anfield.
In fact, five of last nine meetings between the two has resulted in a stalemate and the sense is that neither side would be too disappointed if that occurred once again.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Overall, Liverpool have beaten the Blues 77 times with Chelsea winning 62 and 40 draws having been recorded since they first met in 1907.
Last season, it was the Blues who were celebrating taking four points off their red opponents after a 1-1 draw at Anfield was backed up with 1-0 home win at Stamford Bridge in May.
- Chelsea won the first ever meeting between the two sides in 1907 with a thumping 4-1 win at Liverpool.
- Liverpool’s Trent Alexander Arnold has already picked up three yellow cards this season.
- In a 1946 League Division One game the pair was involved in an eleven-goal thriller with Liverpool winning out 7-4.
- Remarkably, all 14 goals Liverpool have scored this season has come from inside the box whilst all but one of Chelsea’s 14 goals has been scored inside the box.
- Liverpool has scored three headed goals this season whilst Chelsea are one of only four teams not to have scored a headed goal.