Celtic vs Leipzig: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Scottish champions Celtic welcome RB Leipzig to Celtic Park knowing that anything other than a win will more than likely end their European endeavours for another year.
It is crunch time for Celtic in Europe this season as defeat could spell disaster for Brendan Rodgers’ men.
Leipzig sit three-points ahead of Celtic in Group B with three to go so the Glasgow side are all but entering last chance saloon.
A 2-0 defeat to Leipzig in Germany was a damaging blow to Celtic in match day three but since then the Hoops have been in devastating form in the Scottish Premier League and League Cup.
Thirteen goals in three games has given Rodgers’ Celtic side some serious confidence as Leipzig come to town and they will need to rely on that in order to stay in the hunt for progression.
However, Leipzig are no slouches themselves and are unbeaten in their last ten in all competitions.
This makes for a goals galore competition but as we know Celtic are capable of a magical European night.
That is why we are going for Celtic to get the job done (just) in a thrilling 3-2 victory that is set to light up the city of Glasgow.
- Over 2.5 goals
As mentioned above, Celtic have been on the scoring trail ever since that defeat to Leipzig in Germany with thirteen goals in three games.
The Germans have also netted five in their last two making three goals or more the likeliest of scenarios.
- Celtic to win and both teams to score
We have already highlighted the scoring prowess of both these sides making the both teams to score part of this bet inevitable but the Hoops are unbeaten at home in the group stages beating Rosenborg 1-0 when it mattered most.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Leipzig’s match day three victory was the first time the two sides had ever met in European competition.
Two first half goals from Matheus Cunha and Bruma just four minutes apart did for Celtic in the Red Bull Arena close to the end of October.
Celtic’s record against German sides is also questionable having won only three of twenty-three matches against German opposition.
- Celtic will be out of this seasons Europa League if they lose to Leipzig and Salzburg pick up at least a point against Rosenborg.
- RB Leipzig scored two goals in four minutes to beat Celtic at the Red Bull Arena in match day three.
- RB Leipzig will qualify for the latter stages of the tournament if they win and Rosenborg fail to beat Salzburg.
- Celtic are unbeaten in their last six UEFA home games with five wins and one draw.
- Since losing to Leipzig in match day three, Celtic have scored thirteen goals in three Scottish games in all competitions.