Cardiff vs Tottenham: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
The new year gets off to a bang as Cardiff go in search of some much-needed points against a Spurs side with only top spot on their mind.
These two may bring in the new year against one another but there is unlikely to much difference in the result from previous years.
Spurs have not lost to Cardiff since a 1-0 FA Cup reverse in 1977 and have so far won every Premier League game played against their Welsh opposition.
However, the Bluebirds have shown elements of skill this season, especially in the win over Wolverhampton Wanderers, and Mauricio Pochettino cannot take the three points for granted even if they will be expected.
In the three prior Premier League meetings between the two, Spurs have never won by more than one goal but they have never conceded either as all three games finished 1-0, including the Lilywhites’ victory at Wembley in October. But that is a dangerous score line and one that can change in one simple counter attack.
However, with Tottenham’s scoring prowess especially on the road (25 in 11 outings) expect Pochettino’s men to get the job done with a slightly larger safety net.
Two of Tottenham’s last four road wins have seen a 2-0 result and that looks like the best score prediction for this game with the London club keeping in touching distance of top spot.
- Tottenham to keep a clean sheet
Spurs have not conceded a goal against Cardiff since 1978 adding substantial value with the best betting sites for a statistical punt.
- Tottenham to lead at the break
Spurs have scored in the first half in their last three games in all competitions whilst Cardiff have only scored one first half goal in their last seven competitive matches.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
As mentioned, 1977 was the last time Cardiff claimed a win over the Lilywhites with Spurs winning six of the eight matches since that FA Cup tie.
The pair have met three times in the Premier League with Tottenham winning all three by a 1-0 score line including when the two met at Wembley in October with Eric Dier snatching the winner.
Overall, Cardiff have claimed 11 wins over Spurs with Tottenham earning 27 wins and a total of 12 draws.
- You have to go back to January 1978 for the last time Cardiff even managed to score a goal against Tottenham.
- Tottenham won the first ever meeting between the two 1-0 in a 1921 Division Two game.
- Spurs are yet to draw an away game this season whilst Cardiff have drawn just the once at home.
- Cardiff’s last victory over Tottenham came in the FA Cup all the way back in 1977.
- The Bluebirds have conceded 20 goals at home this season (the joint highest in the league).