Having launched in 2018, 20Bet is one of a relatively new name in Ireland. However, they are owned and operated by Tech Solutions Group, who are also responsible for 22Bet. With 22Bet having carved out a decent reputation in this country and having become a firm favourite with many Irish sports fans, we were expecting big things from this exciting new online bookmaker. Keep reading my 20Bet review to find out whether it can live up to those expectations and how to claim up to €100 with their generous welcome bonus.
20Bet Ireland 2023 Review
- Payout Speed5.0
- Bonuses & Offers5.0
- Software & Games4.9
- Ice Hockey
- Cash Out
- Quick Bets and Fast Markets
- Asian Handicap Markets
- Comprehensive Live Betting Markets
|Website: 20bet.com||Year founded: 2018|
|Company: Tech Solutions Group||License & regulation: Licensed in Curacao|
|Contact information: [email protected]||Sponsorship Deals: N/A|
|Address/Headquarters: Abraham Mendez, Chumaceiro, Boulevard 50, Curacao||Contact information/Support: [email protected] / Live Chat|
|Deposit Methods: Visa, Neteller, Skrill, Bitcoin, AstroPay, ecoPayz, Trustly||Features: Cash Out, Live Betting, Fast Markets, Quick Bets|
|Apps Devices: Mobile Browser||License and regulations: Licensed in Curacao|
20Bet Strengths and Weaknesses
Sadly there is no such thing as a perfect online sportsbook with each operator tending to have a number of unique features. With a range of different features, payment methods and sports markets, these online betting sites are liable to divide opinion, however, we’ve assessed 20Bet’s strengths and weaknesses and put together a list of the aspects that were pleasing and those which left us a little disappointed.
✔️ 20Bet Strengths
- Comprehensive Live Betting – in-play betting has become incredibly popular over the last decade and with at least 25,000 live betting events per month, 20Bet know just how important it is to make sure that punters have plenty of live betting to choose from. The live betting page is extremely easy to navigate and with additional stats on a majority of football and basketball events, 20Bet provide a terrific live betting experience.
- Additional Features such as Quick Bets and Fast Markets – If you’re in a rush, then quick bets and fast markets allow you wager on various markets including goals, corners and cards in an instant. These enable you to find the key markets without having to trawl through hundreds of options.
- Comprehensive Football and Basketball Markets – Although there are some notable omissions when it comes to betting with 20Bet, they cannot be accused of lacking depth when it comes to betting on football or basketball. There are hundreds of markets, alongside Asian handicap betting and additional prop bets for the NBA.
- Vast Selection of Payment Methods – When it comes to making a deposit or withdrawing your winnings, you simply want things to be as simple as possible. Luckily, 20Bet offer a wide range of payment methods. They have also added Cryptocurrency to the list and it is now possible to fund your account using Bitcoin. Although this isn’t for everyone, it is good to see an online Sportsbook offering this method as it has been overlooked by a large number of betting sites.
❌ 20Bet Weaknesses
- Lack of Mobile App – If you enjoy betting on your mobile device, then you’ll probably be disappointed to find out that 20Bet do not offer a dedicated app for iOS or Android users. This can be partly assuaged by placing your bets using a mobile browser, however, this doesn’t tend to be as speedy or slick. With an emphasis on live betting, it’s a shame that 20Bet haven’t gone to the effort of creating a betting app which would allow punters to place in-play bets on their smartphones.
- No Bet Builder or Request a Bet Services – Bet Builders and Request a Bets have become increasingly popular with football punters in recent years. Sadly, at the time of writing, 20Bet don’t offer this service. It would be a great addition and hopefully it is something that they are considering adding to their site.
- Lack of Live Streaming – Similarly, the lack of live streaming has to be viewed as a negative. 20Bet have put a huge amount of effort into their live in-play site, and it’s a shame that punters aren’t given the opportunity to simultaneously watch sporting events and check on the progress of their bets.
- They are only licensed in Curacao – Although 20Bet appear to be a credible and legitimate operation, it’s always far more reassuring when a betting site operates under a local license. Most Irish bookmakers are licensed with multiple authorities including the UK Gambling Commission, however, 20Bet operate under this single Curacao license and cautious punters may find this off-putting.
When it comes to betting with 20Bet, there is plenty to like, however, they could greatly benefit from adding extra features to their site and the lack of mobile app and local license is likely to deter some punters. Nevertheless, if you have an appetite for live betting and you are passionate about football and basketball, then 20Bet undoubtedly delivers!
20Bet Full Review
Having previously enjoyed betting with 22Bet, I was keen to see whether it’s sister site 20Bet was able to match its output.
First impressions are incredibly important and my initial thoughts were largely positive. I found the site easy to navigate and the home page was relatively uncluttered. I was able to sign up for an account in under five minutes and I made an initial deposit of €50 to ensure that I was able to take advantage of their generous welcome bonus.
As a keen football fan, I was pleased to see that 20Bet offers a range of different markets and although they tend to prioritize the Premier League and the Champions League, they also offered odds on the Irish Premier and First Division. Although I don’t follow US sports particularly closely, I was impressed by the sheer range of basketball and American Football markets. Although I was left disappointed by the lack of horse racing markets, I did enjoy the fact that it was easy to navigate between different competitions. There are also several eSports betting markets, which is a welcome addition.
As previously discussed, the in-play betting page is easily the most impressive aspect of this site. There are an incredible amount of daily events priced up and whether you fancy following the Challenger Tour Tennis or the NCAAF, there is always something to wager on. The addition of fast markets and quick bets made it extremely simple to get started and helped me to avoid trawling through hundreds of markets.
Although I chose to deposit using an e-wallet, I was pleased to see that 20Bet offer punters the chance to fund their account using Bitcoin. This may be common amongst online casinos, however, very few Irish sportsbooks offer this service and it’s an excellent addition to their extensive list of payment options. When it came to making a deposit, I found it extremely straightforward, however, I was asked to upload additional documents upon making a withdrawal. Although this was a perfectly reasonable request, it did delay my withdrawal by at least 36 hours.
20Bet’s site has terrific usability and their modern and slick interface is very pleasing to navigate. However, this online sportsbook feels a little incomplete and would benefit from adding popular features such as Bet Builder and Live Streaming.
Sadly, 20Bet haven’t created a mobile app for their online sportsbook. Nevertheless, I was able to place bets using the web browser. Although this made matters slightly more inconvenient, I was still able to browse the various markets, make a deposit and cash out my winnings.
Overall, I enjoyed using 20Bet, however, the lack of features and horse racing betting markets means that I am far more likely to look elsewhere.
Bonuses & Offers ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A decent welcome bonus for those who enjoy betting in multiples. Reload bonuses are also available each weekend.
Betting Variety ⭐⭐⭐
Asian handicaps are a superb addition, however, there are a number of sports such as horse racing and greyhound racing which could be added.
Banking Options ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A very impressive range of banking options including Bitcoin and e-wallets.
Mobile experience ⭐⭐
Although the mobile betting site is perfectly serviceable and enjoyable, the lack of app for iOS and Android devices is unfortunate.
Payout Speed ⭐⭐⭐
20Bet are highly likely to request additional documentation which will delay withdrawals, however, once this has been completed, the payout speeds are fairly speedy
20Bet’s site is perfectly safe and they use the latest technology to ensure that your details remain secure. However, the lack of a local license is a negative.
Software & Games ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The software used by 20Bet is called Soft Labs and it has enabled them to create a superb betting site which is easy to navigate and is pleasing on the eye.
Betting Experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Although there are a handful of negatives, the overall betting experience is excellent. If you’re a fan of betting on live events, particularly football and basketball, then 20Bet is a decent option
Customer Support ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Although there are a limited number of customer support options, the live chat function is excellent and speedy. Operatives are friendly and helpful.
20Bet Welcome Package 🎁
20Bet Welcome Bonus
💸 How to claim 20Bet Welcome Bonus
- Click the ‘sign up’ button. This can be located on the 20Bet home page
- Submit your personal details, choose a username and password and await a confirmation email.
- Once this has arrived, click the verification link to finalise your registration.
- Deposit at least €10
- Place a qualifying bet. If you are placing a single, the odds must be at least 1.5 and for multiples, it must be 1.7.
- You must bet 5x your initial deposit. Once this has been completed, your welcome bonus will be added to your balance.
📃 20Bet Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
Every welcome bonus comes with a variety of terms and conditions and you must adhere to these in order to fully benefit from the bookmaker’s generosity. 20Bet has a number of Ts and Cs which will allow you to claim up to €100 in free bets.
Minimum deposit of €10 required. Offer is only available to new players. You must wager your qualifying deposit 5x at odds of 1.7 of greater (for multiples) in order to receive the welcome bonus. Cashed out bets do not count towards your total. Qualifying bets must be placed within 14 days of signing up for an account.
List of Features:
- Live In-Play Betting
- Cash Out
- Fast Markets
- Quick Bets
- Reload Bonus
- Live Chat
- Mobile Browser Betting
- eSports Betting
- Asian Handicaps
- Alternative Handicap Markets
- Statistics, Results and Updates League Standings
- Live Match Date and In-Play Statistics
20Bet Best Sports Features
When it comes to picking an online bookmaker, the majority of punters will choose a trustworthy sportsbook which offers a number of standout features.
20Bet Live In-Play Betting
If you enjoy betting on ongoing sporting events, then 20Bet’s comprehensive in-play betting site will surely suit your needs. With continuously updating statistics sitting alongside the latest odds, this is a terrific place to wager on several high-profile in-play events. There are also several exclusive markets available and they also offer several special prop markets on US sports.
20Bet Cash out
If your bet is in winning position and the nerves are beginning to jangle, then you may wish to collect some of your winnings. Cash Out allows you to do this, even if there are still 20 minutes left to play.
20Bet Quick Bets and Fast Markets
With 20Bet having prioritised live in-play betting, it is unsurprising to see that the majority of their standout features revolve around ongoing events. Fast Markets enables you to bet on goals, corners and cards markets in the next five minutes whereas Quick Bets is a great way of opening separate betting slips and betting on in-play matches at the touch of a button.
20Bet Sports Coverage
With over 20+ different sports to choose from, there is always something to keep sports fan satisfied.
⚽ 20Bet Football Coverage
With 22Bet specialising in football betting, it is unsurprising that its sister site 20Bet also offers a comprehensive betting experience on the ‘beautiful game’. Although they tend to prioritise the Premier League, Champions League and La Liga, you can find pretty much every league and competition here. Whether you’re betting on the 3. Liga or you fancy wagering on the Coppa Italia, there are a wealth of football betting opportunities available on a daily basis.
🎾 20Bet Tennis Betting
When it comes to live betting, tennis is an extremely popular sport. However, 20Bet also have a comprehensive range of pre-match betting markets on ATP, WTA, Challenger Tour and ITF games. With continuously updating statistics and a wide variety of betting markets, 20Bet’s tennis offering is absolutely superb.
💻 20Bet eSports Betting
eSports has risen to prominence in recent years and 20Bet have piggybacked on this trend. They are constantly expanding their range of eSports markets and with popular titles such as CS:GO, Dota 2, League of Legends and Overwatch all priced up, there is plenty to keep eSports enthusiasts satisfied.
🏈 US Sports Betting
When it comes to wagering on US Sports, 20Bet is one of the best online bookmakers in Ireland. They have 50+ live markets on NBA games and there is also a healthy amount of NFL and MLB markets too.
20Bet Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
There are a number of different ways to bet and it is now possible to pick from hundreds of different markets on the majority of sporting events.
20Bet Betting Markets:
- Outright – A hugely popular betting market which requires you to pick the overall winner of a tournament or league. Although these are usually prominent at the beginning of a new season, it is now possible to bet on this market throughout the season/competition.
- Asian Handicaps – These are hugely popular markets which are particularly popular with football punters. Asian handicaps give the stronger team a handicap which they must overcome.
- In-Play – 20Bet offer hundreds of live in-play betting markets and these allow you to get involved once the event has got underway. 20Bet also provide live statistics and information to help you with your in-play betting.
20Bet Types of Bets Available
- Accumulator – Accumulators are extremely popular, particularly at weekends. These types of bets include several selections and every single one of them must be successful in order to secure a return.
- Yankee/Canadian/Trixie/Lucky 15 – These type of bets tend to be popular with horse racing punters, however, they are also available if you wager on US Sports or football. They offer multiple permutations and you will get some sort of return on your stake, even if one of your bets is unsuccessful.
🤳 20Bet App
Unfortunately, 20Bet is unable to offer a mobile app for Irish users. Most online bookmakers have created an app for iOS or Android users, however, 20Bet have decided not to follow suit.
Although this is a little disappointing, it is still possible to access their site using a mobile browser.
The mobile site is equally as enjoyable as the desktop equivalent and browsing the various markets on a handheld device is delightfully simple.
You can place an in-play bet, sign up for an account and make a deposit using the mobile site, however, it isn’t as simple as loading up an app, and that is likely to make some potential punters look elsewhere.
20Bet Sports Bonuses and Promotions
Bonuses and promotions are commonplace amongst new betting sites and these are a great way for punters to pick up free bets and spins. Most sportsbooks will offer some form of welcome bonus and 20Bet is no exception.
- Welcome Bonus 100% Up to €100 – As we’ve explained, 20Bet offer a generous 100% welcome bonus which is available to all new players in Ireland. In order to be eligible, you must make an initial deposit and place a qualifying bet.
- Saturday Reload Bonus – There are a couple of promotions available to existing 20Bet punters including the Saturday Reload bonus. This is a chance to claim a 100% free bet on your weekly deposits/bets
- Forecasts – 20Bet offer players the opportunity to secure up to €1000 by correctly predicting the outcome of several sporting events. Although there is no guarantee that you will be able to claim free bets using this promotion, it is a great way of testing your knowledge against fellow 20Bet players.
💰 20Bet Banking Options
I was pleased to see a vast array of payment methods available with 20Bet and is an area in which they excel. As you’d expect, it is possible to make a deposit or withdrawal using VISA and most major e-wallets are also available. However, the addition of Bitcoin as well as lesser spotted methods such as Ethereum, Trustly and ecoPayz are likely to be well-received by Irish punters. It is also possible to make withdrawals using the majority of these methods.
With a minimum deposit of €10, it is nice and simple to get started and funding your account is extremely straightforward. There are no additional charges for using any of these methods.
Upon making a withdrawal, I found that 20Bet were a little slow when it came to processing additional documentation, which did slow down the overall process somewhat, however, future withdrawals were quick and I received my winnings within 48 hours.
20Bet Customer Support
If you wish to contact 20Bet, there are a limited number of avenues, however, the 24/7 customer support is excellent and I was able to speak to an operator and have my issue resolved in a matter of minutes.
There is an FAQ page which contains a decent amount of information and although I didn’t use it, the email service is easy to locate and reports are generally favourable.
The live chat service was speedy and connected instantly, and although I contacted them at a relatively anti-social hour (9am), I was impressed with their speed and knowledge.
20Bet How to
If you’re completely new to online betting, you may be a little wary of signing up for an online bookmaker. However, it’s an incredibly simple process and signing up for a 20Bet account couldn’t be easier.
How to open an account on 20Bet
It’s relatively straightforward to get started and by following these simple steps, you will be able to sign up and explore the large number of sports markets and odds available with 20Bet.
- Click the orange ‘Sign Up’ button. This can be found on the top right hand side of the home page.
- Create a username and password
- Submit your personal details and choose your preferred currency
- Wait for a confirmation email
- Click the link in the confirmation email
- Your account with 20Bet will be officially registered.
How to Claim 20Bet Welcome Bonus
Once you’ve completed your registration, you will be eligible to claim 20Bet’s welcome bonus.
- Log into your account and make a deposit using the orange deposit button on the right hand side of the homepage.
- Make a deposit of at least €10
- Place a sports bet at odds of at least 1.5 (singles) or 1.7 (multiples) to the value of 5x your deposit (this can be spread across different bets)
- Once your bets have settled, your free bet will be added to your current balance.
How to Make a Deposit at 20Bet
If you wish to get started and claim your welcome bonus with 20Bet, then you’ll want to make a deposit. Luckily, this is an incredibly straightforward process.
- Click on ‘Deposit’ which is located on the right hand side of the home page.
- Choose the amount that you’d like to deposit and your preferred deposit method.
- Double check these details. You can ask 20Bet to remember these details for future deposits.
- Confirm that transaction.
- The funds will be added to your account immediately.
How to Make a Withdrawal at 20Bet
If you’ve managed to find a few winners and you wish to celebrate by collecting your cash, then you will be keen to make a withdrawal.
- Click on your account. This is located on the top right hand side of the home page.
- Select ‘Make a Withdrawal’ or ‘Withdraw’
- Choose the amount that you’d like to take out of your account.
- Choose your preferred withdrawal method.
- Click ‘Complete Withdrawal’.
(20Bet may request additional documentation ahead of your first withdrawal. This can be arranged using the live chat service)
Frequently asked questions about 20Bet
Can I cash out my bet with 20Bet?
Yes, 20Bet allow punters to take a full or partial cash out on all sports and competitions. It can be found in your betting slip. You can also cash out using the mobile betting site
Is it safe to use 20Bet?
It is perfectly safe to use 20Bet, however, they are only licensed in Curacao and this is likely to deter many Irish punters. However, they are owned by the same group who successfully oversee the popular and trustworthy online sportsbook 22Bet
What is the minimum that I can deposit/withdraw?
The minimum deposit is currently set at €10 and these are processed instantly. With the majority of payment methods, the minimum withdrawal is also €10. However, if you are a Bitcoin or Ethereum user, you must withdraw at least €50
How can I wager with 20Bet using my mobile?
Unfortunately, there is no mobile app currently available. However, it is possible to place bets using a web browser. You can do this by visiting m.20bet.com
How long will I have to wait for my winnings?
20Bet will often ask player to provide additional documentation prior to making a withdrawal. Once this has been completed, withdrawals will often be fully processed within 72 hours. If you use e-wallets, you can expect to receive your winnings within 48 hours
- Betting Sites
- 20Bet Ireland 2023 Review