Online Sports Betting Sites
Sports betting has never been more popular and the introduction of online bookmakers has made placing your bets even easier.
Here at BettingTop10 our aim is to being you the best offers, bonuses, and sportsbooks that accept Irish players. Our goal is to ensure you have all the information you need including strategy advice, trends, bet of the day options and much more.
Once you’ve browsed for a while, you’ll see just why BettingTop10 is the number one site for the market. On our site, you’ll find information on all the different sports available, how to place bets, what odds and sports betting types there are, as well as information on bonuses, banking methods, news, trends, and so much more.
How We Review Online Betting Sites
Before making it onto our website, all the sportsbooks listed go through vigorous testing. We have very strict criteria here at BettingTop10. We’ve done all the hard work so you don’t have to. Not all bookmakers are the same so read our reviews to find trusted online sportsbooks that will meet your needs. Below is the list of things we look at to ensure sites meet our requirements.
Licensed and Regulated: One of the first things we check is that the sportsbook is licensed and regulated. We check that they hold a valid license and that they have a good reputation.
Easy Withdrawals: Cashing out your winnings should be quick and easy and we make sure that all the sites we list have fast withdrawal times.
Excellent Customer Support: We know that if you have a problem or need to ask a question, you want it done in the quickest possible time. We make sure that the online betting sites listed have live chat support as well as phone support so there is always someone there to help when you need it.
Great Bonuses and Promotions: We ensure that the bonus offers are good and that the terms and conditions are fair. We check for free bets, deposit and reload bonuses, money back competitions, and more.
Choice of Banking Options: When it comes to betting online you need to make sure that there are plenty of payment methods available for depositing and withdrawing your money. We ensure that all the popular options are included.
Sports and Odds Menu: We check to make sure that the sports betting site offers multiple betting options and includes a large choice of sports to bet on too.
Security and Site Usage: Your information needs to be safe and secure and we make sure all sites use encryption technology. We also look at the usability of the site and make sure that it is easy to navigate and that everything you need is accessible.
Sports Betting Wager Types
There are lots of different types of bets that you can place online and if you want to wager like a pro you need to understand what types of wagers you can place. Below are the different betting types and a brief explanation of each.
Single: You bet on who you think will win a horserace, football match, etc. If they win you collect your winnings.
Each Way: You bet on a horse to either win or be placed. There must be 5 or more horses in the race to place this bet. In a race with 5 to 7 runners the first two places will pay out.
Accumulators: You place one bet on several selections. All your chosen bets must win for you to get a payout.
Doubles, Trebles, and Four-fold Accumulators: A double is a 2 selection accumulator, a treble is 3 selections and a four-fold is 4 accumulator selections.
Trixie: You place 4 bets that involve three selections in different events.
Patent: This involves sevens bets with three selections in different events.
Yankee: This consists of 11 bets with 4 selections in different events.
Lucky 15: This is 15 bets with 4 selections in different events.
Canadian: This is also known as a Super Yankee and consists of 25 bets with 5 selections in different events.
Lucky 31: This involves 31 bets with 5 selections in different events.
Heinz: Involves 57 bets with 6 selections in different events.
Lucky 63: Consists of 63 bets involving 6 selections in different events.
Super Heinz: 120 bets, 7 selections in different events.
Goliath: 247 bets, 8 selections in different events.
Straight Forecast: This involves 2 selections in 1 one race where your predictions are for the first and second places.
Reversed Forecast: This involves 2 selections in 1 race finishing first and second in either order.
Combination Forecasts: 3 or more selections in a race with any 2 to finish first and second.
Straight Tricasts: 3 selections in a race for first, second and third place in the named order.
Combination Tricasts: 3 or more selections in a race finishing first, second, and third in any order.
Sports For Online Betting
There are lots of sports that you can bet on and here at BettingTop10 we bring you the best sites to do this at. Sports include:
- Football: Football betting includes the Irish Premier League, GAA, English Premiership, Champions League, UEFA Cup, World Cup and more. There are betting options to suit everyone and live streaming and in-play betting is also available.
- American Football: NFL betting is very popular and you can bet on this with live tips, great NFL odds and plenty of betting options including live in-play options.
- Horse Racing: Horse racing betting includes all the favourites like Cheltenham, the Irish and UK Grand National, Galway Races, Punchestown, Fairyhouse and more. There are lots of different betting options available and most online sportsbooks have live streaming so you can watch your horse cross the post.
- Baseball: There are plenty of betting options available online for punters that wish to bet on MLB including moneylines and spreads as well as live streaming of all the games.
- Basketball: punters can bet on NBA as well as European and other basketball championships with great odds, expert tips, and live action game streaming. At BettingTop10 we show you where to bet on NBA games.
- Boxing: Boxing betting is another popular choice in Ireland and includes Lightweight, super welterweight, super lightweight matches and more from around the world. We list the best sites with great odds and live boxing results.
- Cricket: Cricket betting includes the IPL, Ashes, World Cup and more with live betting, great odds on international test matches and more. You can get the latest cricket tips as well as live in-play betting options.
- Tennis: Tennis betting includes Wimbledon, French Open, Australian open and more. You can get bonus offers for all the top ATP and WTA tennis tournaments as well as live streams, in-play betting, and more.
- Rugby: Enjoy great rugby betting on the Heineken Cup, Six Nations, Rugby League and Rugby Union. At BettingTop10 we bring you the best sites with great free bet offers and the best odds.
- MMA: UFC and MMA betting are very popular in Ireland. You can watch live fights as well as view future fight match ups. We bring you the best match odds, betting tips, and most of the sportsbooks have live updates and live streaming with in-play betting.
Sports Betting Odds
Odds are displayed in two ways for online betting and these are fractional or decimal. Fractions are what most punters are familiar with and these are displayed as 3/1 but these can be listed as decimals as well e.g., 4.00. With fraction odds, you’ll see two numbers separated by a slash, i.e., 3/1. This is the betting odd.
These odds allow you to figure out how much money you will find from your bet. The number on the left is the amount you will win if you wager the amount on the right. So, in this case, for every €1 bet you win €3. With decimal odds, you simply multiply your stake by the decimal number to determine how much you will win including your stake.
Steps for Betting Online in Ireland
Step 1: The first thing you need to do is register with a sportsbook and open a real money account.
Step 2: Fund your account. There are lots of funding options available including all debit and credit cards as well as popular e-wallets.
Step 3: Choose the game or event you want to bet on and place your bet. Bets can start from as little as €1.
Step 4: Collect your winnings.
Sports Betting Bonuses and Promotions
Most online betting sites offer a bonus to encourage new punters to sign up with them. There are also regular promotions too. Below you will find information on the different types of bonuses offered to punters.
- Welcome Bonus: This is a sign-up bonus that is given to new punters who register for an account. Most the time this is a percentage offer on your deposit. If you get a 100% bonus it means that your deposit is doubled.
- Free Bets: This type of bonus is really popular and is a no deposit bonus where you can place your bet without risking any of your hard-earned cash.
- Reload Bonuses: This is where the sportsbook will give you percentage bonuses on your next deposit with them. It is usually smaller than the amount given with the sign-up bonus.
- Loyalty Bonus: Some sports betting site offer loyalty bonuses to help retain their customers. This is where you get points on all the wagers you place and once you have enough points you can redeem them for cash or free bets.
Live Betting and Streaming
Live betting and streaming has become very popular and in-play betting allows you to bet as the matches or championship games are being played with ever adjusting odds that reflect the action taking place. Most sportsbooks today offer live streaming of football, horse racing, champions league matches and more which means you don’t have to go to the bookies to watch the game anymore.
Mobile Betting on Sports in Ireland
The rise in use of smartphones and tablets has seen more and more punters looking to access their favourite sports betting site using their mobile device. A lot of the top establishments now have mobile apps that their customers can use to check results, watch live games, get top tips from professional players, check out the league score, take part in tournaments, check stats, and so much more. These apps use the latest HTML5 coding and will work with all devices including iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets. At BettingTop10 we bring you the apps that works and allow you access to all the features.