Wolves vs Man United: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes his side to Molineux in another all-Premier League FA Cup quarter final.
After knocking out Liverpool in the third round, Wolves have faced only lower league opposition on their way to the quarter final stage. Nuno Espirito Santo will be hoping that home advantage will prove decisive as Wolves look to get to their first semi final since 1981.
Manchester United have looked very impressive in this season’s FA Cup, knocking Arsenal and Chelsea out of the competition – both away from home. But they will be wary of a Wolves side that was able to take point from their game at Old Trafford earlier in the season.
Wolves won the Championship last season and have never looked like returning after just one campaign – thanks to their investment in skilful, attacking football players in particular. They may have needed a replay to get past Shrewsbury Town in the fourth round but the Black Country club will fancy their chances at home against United.
Manchester United made it all the way to the final last season, where an Eden Hazard penalty won the game for Chelsea. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be aiming to go one better this time around – and give himself even more chance of being given the manager role at Old Trafford on a permanent basis. This could be a really good cup tie with United ending up 3-2 winners.
- Manchester United to win and both teams to score at 17/5
All of the top betting sites have Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as odds on to become the next permanent manager at Manchester United – but they are not the favourite to win the FA Cup. United would love to win the trophy again and with such attacking talent on show it seems entirely conceivable that they will progress. 888Sport have United to win the game and both teams to score at 17/5.
- Ivan Cavaleiro to score at anytime at 3/1
Ivan Cavaleiro has scored in the last two FA Cup matches for Wolves – the replay against Shrewsbury and the away win at Bristol City. He is priced at 3/1 to repeat that feat against Manchester United with 888Sport.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The last time Manchester United played Wolves at Molineux they won 5-0. But Nuno Espirito Santo’s side drew at Old Trafford earlier the season.
- Wolves have won the FA Cup on four occasions but need to go back to 1960 for their most recent triumph.
- Manchester United hold the record – alongside Arsenal – for the most FA Cup final appearances with 20.
- Wolves have only lost one game at home in 2019 – a 2-0 defeat to Crystal Palace on the 2nd January.
- Manchester United have scored seven goals in their three FA Cup games this season – with each goal being scored by a different player.