Rangers vs Spartak Moskva: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Steven Gerrard puts his Europa League unbeaten Rangers record on the line as group G bottom side Spartak Moskva come to Ibrox seeking their first win.
Rangers have impressed under Steven Gerrard this season both domestically and in Europe.
A win and a draw leave the Gers top of Group G but just three points separate top from bottom.
It means this clash could prove to be vital in the quest for progression in one of the tightest groups after two games.
Spartak will perhaps feel a little hard done by to be propping up the table the but one point from two games will do that.
However, an entertaining 3-3 draw against Villarreal was so far arguably the game of the competition so far and one that proved the Russians must be treated with respect.
Rangers are undefeated at home against Russian opposition though and that looks set to continue with both sides happy to settle for a solid 1-1 draw.
Both teams to score
The betting tips will be available closer to the match
- Both teams to score
Spartak netted three times against Villarreal and although that was on home soil, it was still an impressive feat.
However, they also conceded three proving their defence is a little hap hazard while Rangers won their opening Europa League home game but still conceded to Rapid Wien meaning a score each looks a smart way to go.
That is the best way to go for match value in this game as both sides are also odds against to win.
Moscow may have never beaten Scottish opponents in four attempts, but they did draw two of them (both against Celtic) while Rangers have also registered a draw in their opening group game against Villarreal.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between these two in UEFA competition, but Rangers have enjoyed some success against opposition hailing from Moscow after defeating Dinamo Moskva in the 1972 European Cup Winners Cup.
Spartak have only ever played against Celtic as Scottish opponents and drawn two and lost two of four matches making this encounter one full of intrigue.
- The Muscovites reached the quarter-finals of this competition in 2010/11 and reached the last 32 last season.
- The pair have never previously met in UEFA Cup competition.
- Rangers only European triumph was the 1971/72 Cup Winners Cup, but they did finish runner up in this tournament in 2008 losing to Russian opponents Zenit St Petersburg in the final.
- The Gers are unbeaten at Ibrox against Russian opposition in five matches.
- Spartak have only won once away from home in their last fourteen European competition matches losing five and drawing eight including a 7-0 thumping at the hands of Steven Gerrards old club Liverpool.