Olympiacos vs Dynamo Kyiv: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Dynamo travel to Greece as the knock out stage begins, looking to get some vital away goals to take back to Kyiv.
Olympiacos performed impressively to beat Milan in a winner takes all final group match to book their spot in the round of 32. They will need to be on top form again if they are to get a commanding lead to take to the Ukraine. The Greek side were unbeaten at home in their three matches though so will be confident of getting a result.
Dynamo Kyiv started their group stage nervously with two draws before winning the next three – meaning that they were able to lose their final match at home to Jablonec and still go through as group winners. A draw would be a good result here and if they can stop Olympiacos playing their football they could be in with a good chance of progressing.
Olympiacos’ early season blip when they went three league games without a win seems to have been left well behind them as they have been unbeaten since and now lie second in the table. The all-important domestic match against PAOK is just five days before this first leg tie however so it will be interesting to see how that affects the team’s fitness levels.
The top betting sites don’t seem to give either Olympiacos or Dynamo Kyiv much chance of lifting the Europa League trophy at the end of May – but no side will want to have to travel to Greece or the Ukraine in what would be tricky away ties. Olympiacos will fancy their chances at home here and could come away with a narrow 1-0 win.
- Olympiacos win to nil at 37/20 with 10bet
Bookies are looking at this match as tight one to call and that suggests that there will not be many goals to cheer. 10bet have the home side to win to nil at 37/20 and that seems like good value.
- Total goals under 1.5 at 39/20 with 888Sport
With neither side wanting to let the other run away with the tie this could be a cagey affair and 888Sport price total goals under 1.5 at an attractive 39/20.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These two sides have only ever met in one European tie over 40 years ago when Dynamo Kyiv advanced in the European Cup – winning 3-2 on aggregate.
- Olympiacos had to make it through two qualifying rounds just to get to the group stage so they have already played 10 Europa League matches before this visit to Greece.
- Dynamo Kyiv knocked out the much-fancied Ajax in their play off tie before the group stage and were rewarded with a fairly comfortable group that they went on to win.
- Olympiacos scored four more goals than eventual group winners Real Betis over their six games – but were unable to find the net against the Spanish side.
- Dynamo will travel to Greece with confidence high, as they were unbeaten on the road in the group stage – winning two and drawing one.