Man Utd vs Crystal Palace: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Manchester United welcome Crystal Palace to Old Trafford as they look to bounce back to winning ways after their derby defeat.
Manchester United are probably out of the title race after defeat at the Etihad Stadium but they put up a good fight and had recorded a run of positive results prior to the Manchester City match. The form of Anthony Martial in particular will please Jose Mourinho and fans alike with the French forward scoring in each of the last five Premier League games.
Crystal Palace did not play badly in their defeat at home to Tottenham Hotspur last week but Roy Hodgson will be painfully aware that they have not won in the league since the middle of September and their only victories have been against relegation favourites Huddersfield and Fulham. A visit to Old Trafford must be the last thing the former England manager wants.
United’s season has been very up and down and that has not been helped by the soap opera that seems to follow Joes Mourinho around. Whether it is falling out with players in public or antagonising opposition supporters, the Portuguese coach has continually attracted the headlines to the detriment of his side. United should beat Palace relatively easily so maybe the game will be the story for once.
The news that Wilfried Zaha was to miss the Spurs match was met with dejection from the Palace fans as what little positivity they have experienced this season has been thanks to the Ivorian forward. Crystal Palace will struggle against Manchester United with or without their star player however and this one could end in a 3-0 win for the home side.
- Total goals over 2.5
United have only scored more than two goals in a Premier League match once this season but Palace are on a losing streak and there could be goals here.
- Anthony Martial to score at anytime
Martial has been on fire recently and he will relish the chance to run at a Palace defence that has let in eight goals in four matches.
1 x 2 Odds
|Man Utd||Draw||Crystal Palace|
Head To Head
Manchester United have been dominant in the games between these two with Palace’s 2011 Carling Cup victory their last positive result.
- Anthony Martial’s recent run of form has seen him climb the goal scorer’s table and now sits just two behind Sergio Agüero.
- Crystal Palace are not having a very good season but it is always worse with Wilfried Zaha not in the side. They have lost the last 12 games he has missed.
- Outside of their Champions League matches Manchester United have only failed to score on one occasion this season.
- Goals have been in short supply for Palace this season but they have scored three times as many on their travels as they have at Selhurst Park.