Man City vs Crystal Palace: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Manchester City and Pep Guardiola welcome Crystal Palace to the Etihad Stadium knowing only victory will do as the battle for top spot intensifies.
However, travelling to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium is a different sort of task and one that is daunting for any side let alone one that has not won on City’s home soil since 1990.
To make matters worse for Roy Hodgson’s Eagles, Pep Guardiola’s charges have won all nine Premier League games at the Etihad this season and there is little to suggest that will change with the visit of Palace.
City has scored a remarkable 33 goals at home this season whilst of Palace’s 23 goals they have conceded this campaign, 15 have been shipped on the road.
The home win is inevitable and considering the Citizens have netted three or more goals at home in five of their last six League encounters, a comfortable 3-0 win is the best score prediction for this game as Guardiola’s men heap pressure on Liverpool in the battle for top spot.
- Manchester City to score before 25:00
The Citizens have netted prior to the 25th minute in their last five home Premier League matches making this bet something to consider with popular betting sites in order to get an early pay out.
- Manchester City to win and keep a clean sheet
Realistically this is the best way to garner the best home win match odds out of this game.
City have not conceded a goal against Crystal Palace in their last four meetings in all competitions and have also only conceded six at home all season.
1 x 2 Odds
|Man City||Draw||Crystal Palace|
Head to Head
Crystal Palace earned a 0-0 draw when the sides last met in December 2017 but that was at Selhurst Park and came after a 5-0 thumping earlier in the season at the Etihad.
In fact, that was the second straight 5-0 Premier League defeat as City ran riot again in May 2017 as they celebrated their title triumph.
Palace did however beat City in April 2015 in the league in a 2-1 triumph but that was again at Selhurst Park.
Overall, the Citizens have claimed 31 wins with the Eagles winning 15 times and a total of 13 draws between the two.
- In February 1926, Manchester City thumped the Eagles 11-4 in a thrilling FA Cup encounter.
- Manchester City are the only side to boast a 100% record at home this season.
- Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha has been disposed 67 times this season (more than any other player).
- City have hit the woodwork 10 times this season whilst Palace have hit it nine times.
- Manchester City are on a eight game unbeaten run over Palace, having won seven of those eight.