Leicester vs Man City: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Just over a week after losing on penalties to them in the EFL Cup, Leicester welcome Manchester City to the King Power Stadium in the league.
It has been a frustrating season for Claude Puel and his Leicester side as they have not really been able to get going in the league – hovering around the mid table positions without ever really kicking into gear. The Foxes will want revenge for their League Cup exit but realistically a draw would be a good result.
Manchester City’s defeat to Chelsea – their first in the league all season – has served as a wake up call to Pep Guardiola’s team as they look to defend the title they won with ease last season. The XI who start this one for City is likely to be much changed from the team who beat Leicester in the EFL Cup but the end result is sure to be the same.
After Chelsea – and now Manchester City – Leicester actually have a favourable start to the new year as far as fixtures go, so Claude Puel may well be looking beyond this match to January for a time for his side to pick up some points. That’s not to say that Leicester will take it easy against the champions but it is more important for them to perform in the more winnable games.
Manchester City will want to go into 2019 top of the Premier League and know that they are now going to be involved in a race for the title thanks to Liverpool’s form this season. Guardiola should receive a late Christmas present at Leicester in the form of three points however – City to win this 2-0.
- Manchester City to win to nil
Manchester City are by far the most prolific side in the Premier League this season but their defence is not too bad either. This could be another clean sheet for Ederson.
- Raheem Sterling to score the first goal
It is always slightly risky predicting the first City goal, as Guardiola likes to rotate his strikers – and betting sites lengthen their odds accordingly. But Sterling usually gets the nod if fit and could use his pace to great effect against the Leicester defence.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Manchester City traditionally have the upper hand between these two sides – and they won this fixture last season 2-0.
- Raheem Sterling’s recent run of form has seen him overtake Sergio Agüero in the goals department – and only Aubameyang and Salah have scored more in the Premier League.
- Leicester are having trouble finding the net this season but they are still looking to attack down the wings – only Everton and Huddersfield have produced more crosses this season.
- Manchester City have scored more goals than anyone in the Premier League by quite a margin. At 48 their tally is more than double Leicester’s 21.
- If Leicester do score it may well be from the spot – they have been awarded four penalties this season and scored the lot. City, on the other hand, missed their only spot kick.