Huddersfield vs Liverpool: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Jurgen Klopp takes his high-flying Liverpool side for a trip across the Pennines to face his best buddy David Wagner and his struggling Huddersfield side.
David Wagner was best man at Jurgen Klopp’s wedding but expect no mate’s favours in Yorkshire as a ruthless Liverpool look to make it nine unbeaten in the league.
The harsh realities of the Premier League are starting to hit home for Huddersfield Town this season after ‘beginners’ luck’ and a lot of graft saw them survive last season.
Right now, these two clubs are poles apart with Liverpool chasing down a seventh league win in nine and Huddersfield hoping to avoid a sixth defeat in nine.
In fact, ‘Town’ as they are affectionately known to the locals, are yet to win a game this season and that is a serious cause for concern because they haven’t really looked capable of winning a game either.
The away win is inevitable but by how much? The last two meetings have seen the Reds win by 3-0 and that looks like a smart way to go in this contest as well.
- Liverpool to keep a clean sheet
That is a tasty bet especially when you consider Liverpool have only conceded against Huddersfield since 1962.
That is a stretch of seven games in all competitions and unlikely to change this weekend.
- Over 2.5 goals in the game
The last two games between the two has seen three goals a piece and with 15 goals this season, Liverpool are starting to find their scoring boots once again.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
There is no surprise to learn that Liverpool hold the far superior head to head record between these two.
So much so in fact that you have to go all the way back to 1959 for the last time the Yorkshire outfit beat their opponents and back to 1962 for the last time the Terriers even scored against the Reds.
The pair have only met twice this century in last season’s Premier League and it was Liverpool who took maximum points winning both games 3-0.
However, in Huddersfield’s hay days in the 1930’s they did manage five wins in a row over Liverpool with a total head to head record of 31 Liverpool wins, 29 Huddersfield wins and 17 draws.
- Huddersfield have not beaten Liverpool since 1959 and even managed to score a goal since 1962.
- Liverpool have kept five clean sheets this season which is only matched by Manchester City.
- Huddersfield have only scored four goals this season which is the joint lowest of the season.
- Liverpool have conceded 14 goals less than the Terriers this season.
- Remarkably of the 19 goals the pair have shared this season, only one has come from outside of the box, unsurprisingly that was scored by Liverpool.