Derby County vs Nottingham Forest: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Aitor Karanka takes his Nottingham Forest side on the short journey up the A52 to take on the Rams in the East Midlands derby.
This fixture is always a passionate affair with both sets of fans and players keen to get one over their rivals. This season it looks like it could determine who has more chance of making the play-offs as both clubs are playing some good football and picking up the points. Derby will be hoping that home advantage pays off.
Forest have recorded some very positive results this season and finally look like they may be able to maintain a challenge for the play-offs. Their recent 5-5 draw at Aston Villa was hugely enjoyable for probably everyone except Aitor Karanka who would be far happier with his side picking up a point or three here in less dramatic circumstances.
The Championship is a hugely competitive league and Derby have played well this season but still lost to a number of sides towards the bottom of the division – such as Rotherham and Bolton. They have only lost two at home in the league all season though and will be confident that they can get a win over their old rivals here.
Forest have a couple of very tough fixtures over the Christmas period – starting here with Derby but also a trip to Norwich on Boxing Day and Leeds at home on New Year’s Day. Although they would dearly love all three points at Pride Park to start all that off a draw seems more likely – this one could end 2-2.
- The draw
Although this fixture has sometimes thrown up some heavy defeats for both sides there is a lot on the line this season and the draw looks well priced by the sports betting sites.
- Lewis Grabban to score at anytime
Forest’s summer signing from Bournemouth has enjoyed an excellent season so far and tops the charts for Championship goals. Another in this one would not be a surprise.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Always hotly contested, this fixture has not been won by Forest since 2015 – although they have won at the City Ground since then.
- In what is always a very tight division Derby have managed to keep winning matches rather than drawing – only Norwich and Leeds have won more.
- Nottingham Forest have drawn 10 EFL Championship games this season – more than anyone else in the league.
- For two of the sleeping giants of English football it is over 10 years since either Derby or Forest were in the top flight. Derby last played in the Premier League in the 2007/08 season when they recorded a record low 11 points.
- Forest’s 5-5 draw away at Aston Villa is the highest scoring game in the division this season – with two more goals than West Brom’s 7-1 mauling of QPR.