Chelsea vs Crystal Palace: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Crystal Palace face a daunting trip to take on the Chelsea juggernaut as Maurizio Sarri’s men will be confident of stretching their unbeaten Premier League run to eleven games.
Crystal Palace need to get on the winning trail soon after a stretch of five games without a Premier League victory.
That run has left Eagles manager Roy Hodgson looking over his shoulder even if a creditable draw against Arsenal at the weekend gave Palace a little breathing space.
However, Chelsea will be in confident mood having not lost any of their opening fourteen games in all competitions this season.
Life under Sarri has been remarkable so far for the Blues and there will be little fear of the visit of Palace though the Eagles have won at Stamford Bridge as recently as April 2017.
Chelsea have not scored less than two goals in their last their last four outings and Crystal Palace have only conceded less than once in their last four games making a Blues 2-0 victory the likeliest of all scenarios.
- Chelsea to win to nil
Goals have been an issue for Palace all season having netted just seven in their ten games so far and considering they failed to score on their last road trip, it makes this bet hard to ignore.
- A goal after 77:59
Chelsea has scored a goal in the 90th minute in their last three Premier League fixtures making this bet almost as good as a dead cert.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The Blues enjoy a far superior record over their London rivals even though Crystal Palace have actually won two of the last three meetings between the two.
That includes a 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge in April 2017 and each side took home three points on home soil last season with a 2-1 scoreline at both Selhurst Park and Stamford Bridge.
However, to dig a little deeper, reveals that Chelsea have won 11 of the last 17 games with two draws and four wins for Palace.
Overall, the Blues have registered 25 wins to Palace’s 12 with a total of 15 draws between the pair ever since their first meeting in a FA Cup tie back in November 1906.
- There has been no draw recorded between these two since March 1995.
- Chelsea won the first ever meeting between the pair 7-1 in a November 1906 FA Cup contest.
- The Blues have kept five clean sheets this season, that is only bettered by Liverpool and Man City on six.
- Both Crystal Palace’s Luka Milivojevic and Chelsea’s Eden Hazard have scored twice from the penalty spot this season.
- Crystal Palace’s two goals against Arsenal at the weekend was the first goals the club had scored in the Premier League at Selhurst Park this season.