West Ham vs Man City: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, November 24th, 2018 @ 10:00 ET
Manchester City will try to keep their unbeaten start to the season going with a visit to West Ham and the London Stadium.
West Ham managed a draw at Huddersfield last time out but were probably lucky that the Terriers are in dire need of a goal scorer. The Hammers beat United at home earlier in the season and would dearly love to achieve a Manchester double against Pep Guardiola’s side.
Manchester City are looking like the team to beat this season as they go into their 13th Premier League game still unbeaten. City have only dropped points away from home but they have enjoyed trips to London so far – beating both Arsenal and Spurs in the capital.
West Ham endured a woeful start to the season when they lost their first four games while letting in 10 goals in the process. The ship has been steadied a little since then but the huge investment in the squad over the summer has not reaped any real benefits yet and some more victories are vital if they are not to be drawn back into the bottom three.
City have been defensively spectacular away from home this season, only allowing one goal in their five Premier League games on the road. They are odds on favourites to win against West Ham as well and could take this one 3-0.
- Man City to win to nil
City seem unstoppable at the moment and if they get into their stride early on against West Ham Ederson could well keep another clean sheet.
- David Silva to score at anytime
Pep Guardiola’s squad rotation sometimes makes it difficult to predict who will play, let alone score, for City. But David Silva is enjoying a fine run of form and could get on the score sheet against West Ham.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
Manchester City have enjoyed some high scoring victories over West Ham over the past few seasons and it is over three years since the Hammers won against the champions.
- Lukasz Fabianski is one of the busiest keepers in the Premier League. Only Burnley’s Joe Hart has made more saves this season.
- Sergio Agüero tops the goals scored table in the Premier League but his all round play is key – only Ryan Fraser, Benjamin Mendy and Raheem Sterling have made more assists.
- Big money summer signing Felipe Anderson has scored four goals for West Ham so far this season – his total tally in each of his last two seasons at Lazio.
- Manchester City have scored 10 goals in their last three Premier League matches – more than four sides have managed all season.