Watford vs Crystal Palace: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, May 16th, 2019 @07:15
An all-Premier League FA Cup quarter final at Vicarage Road as Javi Gracia’s Watford side entertain Crystal Palace.
This is the first time in three seasons that Watford have progressed further than the fourth round – and in that year the Hornets made it all the way to the semi-final. This is the first time in this season’s tournament that Watford have been drawn at home and Javi Gracia will be hoping that the crowd can make the difference here.
Crystal Palace have already knocked out Tottenham in this year’s FA Cup and will be fairly confident of beating another Premier League side in this one. Michy Batshuayi has been a great loan signing and his link up play with Wilfried Zaha has helped Palace look a much more dominant force since the start of the year.
Watford have lost to both Liverpool and Manchester City in the league in recent weeks but against clubs not fighting for the title they do have a fairly good record. Newcastle are the only Premier League opposition they have faced in the FA Cup this season but the bookies seem to narrowly favour the home team in this one.
Wilfried Zaha has not scored in any of Crystal Palace’s three FA Cup games so far this season – but a lot will be expected of the Ivory Coast international against Watford. The Eagles are capable of playing some excellent football and this could end 2-1 to the visitors.
- Crystal Palace to win
Betting sites cannot see much difference between Watford and Crystal Palace but Roy Hodgson’s side are performing well an away win seems like good value.
- Troy Deeney to score at anytime
When Watford play well Troy Deeney is usually involved in some capacity.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Watford have won both matches between these two clubs in the Premier League this season and have not been beaten by Palace at Vicarage Road since 2015.
- Both Watford and Crystal Palace have not conceded a single goal in this season’s FA Cup run. They have also both scored five goals in their three games.
- Crystal Palace beat Watford 2-1 in the 2016 FA Cup semi final but were unable to go on to lift the famous old trophy – Manchester United beat them in the final.
- The last time Watford were beaten at Vicarage Road was the 10th December when Manchester City were the visitors.
- Crystal Palace are unbeaten in their last three Premier League games on the road – and have actually recorded six of their nine victories away from Selhurst Park.