Toronto Maple Leafs vs Winnipeg Jets: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Wednesday October 24th, 7:00 pm Pacific Time
The Toronto Maple Leafs visit Canadian rivals the Winnipeg Jets in what will be an absolutely mouth-watering contest at the MTS Centre in Manitoba.
The Toronto Maple Leafs have been on fire to start the season, and it’s easy to see why so many were excited about this team coming into the campaign. Unsurprisingly, Toronto was the first team to reach the 30-goal mark and have won six of their opening seven games as a result. They have not been able to stop scoring, with the likes of Auston Matthews, John Tavares, Mitch Marner, and even Morgan Rielly obliterating opposing defences.
They still do not have William Nylander signed to a contract, but his absence has not been missed with Kasperi Kapanen slotting in nicely on the top unit alongside Matthews. He scored two goals against the Los Angeles Kings, and is expected to put even more as he continues to play beside one of the league’s top talents.
The Winnipeg Jets have done well to protect home ice, winning important games against the Kings and Carolina Hurricanes to start the season. They are currently in the midst of a six- game home stand and will be hoping that their lack of travel will help them slow down a high-flying Toronto team.
With Mark Dano claimed off waivers by the Colorado Avalanche, Brandan Lemieux will likely feature in this one to add depth up top. The 22-year-old played in just nine games last season for the Jets and will be eager to prove to his employers that he belongs in the NHL. He recently made his season debut against the Edmonton Oilers.
- Total goals over 6
With so much firepower in the lineup for both clubs, expect to see a ton of goals scored in this one.
- Toronto Maple Leafs to win in regulation
The Maple Leafs proved they can get the job done away from Scotiabank Centre, when they won all four games in their opening road trip of the campaign. Expect Toronto to continue to roll when they make the midweek trip to Manitoba.
Head to Head
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Winnipeg Jets split the season series last year, with each team winning on the road.
- Patrick Marleau scored the 104th winning goal of his career against the Los Angeles Kings – the seventh most in NHL history.
- The Maple Leafs and Jets split the season series last year, each winning on the road.
- Auston Matthews is just the fifth player in franchise history to record multiple points in each of the Maple Leafs’ first seven games of the season.
- Morgan Rielly became just the third defencemen in league history to put up 13+ points in his teams opening six games of a season.