Super Bowl Betting Predictions And Odds
Table of Content:
- 1 Super Bowl 2019 Odds
- 2 Super Bowl Predictions
- 3 Chargers at Patriots: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 4 PHI Eagles at NO Saints: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 5 DAL Cowboys at LA Rams: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 6 IND Colts at KC Chiefs: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 7 SEA Seahawks at DAL Cowboys: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 8 PHI Eagles at CHI Bears : Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 9 IND Colts at HOU Texans : Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 10 LA Chargers at BAL Ravens : Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
- 11 Super Bowl predictions heading into wild card weekend
- 12 The Superbowl LIII Betting Guide
- 13 Super Bowl 2019 Predictions
- 14 Superbowl LII Results (2018)
Super Bowl 2019 Odds
The Super Bowl outright market is one of the most popular with Canadian punters, with the odds fluctuating every week as the season progresses. Check out the latest Super Bowl odds:
|New Orleans Saints|
|Kansas City Chiefs|
|Los Angeles Rams|
|New England Patriots|
Super Bowl Predictions
Sunday 1/13 1:05 PM (ET). The game of the week in the NFL Divisional round takes place Sunday evening in below-freezing weather at Foxborough.
Sunday 1/13 4:40 PM (ET). Nick Foles’ storied run makes it’s way to New Orleans this week. As the Eagles will try to knock off the NFC top seeded Saints and aSaturday 1/12 4:35 PM (ET)dvance to the conference championship game.
Saturday 1/12 8:15 PM (ET). Two of the premier running backs in football face off in hopes of advancing their respective teams into the NFC Championship game.
Saturday 1/12 4:35 PM (ET). The Colts travel to Arrowhead to face off with the AFC’s number one seed, the Kansas City Chiefs. This is an unparalleled matchup between two QB’s that combined for 89 touchdown passes in the regular season, the most between two QB’s in a playoff matchup ever.
Saturday 1/5 8:15 PM (ET). The Seahawks, winners of six out of their last seven, travel to Arlington to take on America’s team in Jerry World.
Sunday 1/6 4:40 PM (ET). Nick Foles’ attempt to shock the world for a second consecutive season starts on Sunday. The Eagles travel to the Windy City to face off with the new-aged Monsters of the Midway
Saturday 1/5 4:35 PM (ET). Two of the brightest young guns at the quarterback position take front stage in the AFC Wild Card Round. The Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts, two division rivals, face off this Saturday
Sunday 1/6 1:05 PM (ET). The NFL’s top ranked defense will look to slow down what may very well be the league’s most talented roster, as the Baltimore Ravens host the Los Angeles Chargers in the AFC Wild Card round
The NFL regular season is in the books, and we officially know the 12 teams whose dreams of hoisting the Lombardi trophy are still alive. The Wild Card Round kicks off on Saturday, but chances are that neither the NFC nor the AFC representatives in the Super Bowl will be playing this weekend
The Patriots are an experienced side who are hoping to claim their sixth Super Bowl when they take on the Eagles. Unsurprisingly, the Patriots have been priced up as the 1.50 favourites with William Hill for this showpiece event. The Eagles have attracted plenty of support however and they can be backed at 2.70 to pull off a shock result in Minnesota.
The Eagles have kept it tight throughout the season and they are likely to frustrate their experienced opponents. Under/Over 48.5 on the points spread is where the line has been set by the online bookmakers and this is an intriguing prospect for bettors. It’s 1.91 with Sports Interaction for either selection.
There are a number of prop bets available on both sides including New England Patriots to have a total of two touchdowns at 4.25 with Sports Interaction whilst Bodog Sports offer 2.80 for the highest scoring quarter to be the second.
The Superbowl LIII Betting Guide
Super Bowl LIII will decide the NFL champion for the 2018 season. The game is scheduled to be played on February 3, 2019, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.
Super Bowl 2019 Predictions
Who is the Super Bowl LIII Favorite?
- Current Super Bowl Odds peg the New Orleans Saints (50) as your future Super Bowl 2019 Champions. Yet, further inspection into recent play on the field would make the Los Angeles Rams (6.00) the more attractive bet.
Who Will Play in Super Bowl 2019?
- Los Angeles Rams v. New England Patriots
- The Los Angeles Rams can compete with, and defeat, the best the league has to offer. Their 2nd ranked total offense carried LA through most of the regular season, yet their defense found it’s way through the final month of 2018. Since surrendering 51 points in a win over Kansas City in week 11, Los Angeles gave up 16 points or less in three of their final five games.
- In a conference that leaves much to be desired, it wouldn’t come to anyone’s surprise if the New England Patriots were the team representing the AFC in the Super Bowl when it’s all said and done. Though 2018 was disappointing, the Pats still finished the season 11-5, and have the league’s 4th ranked offense. While the Patriots defense may rank just 21st in terms of yards surrendered, they are efficient at keeping opponents out of the endzone. Combine a defense that keeps the opposition from scoring, with the greatest Coach and Quarterback tandem of all time, and you have the possible receipt for a Super Bowl 2019 Champion.
What Team is a Bust?
- The Kansas City Chiefs
- The Chiefs are your current favorites to come out of the AFC, with Super Bowl betting odds set at 50. While Patrick Mahomes will leave you in awe with his uncanny ability to light up the scoreboard, his defense is horrendous. Kansas City ended the regular season ranking next-to-last in total defense. That, combined with the absence of Kareem Hunt on offense, should leave you looking elsewhere when it comes to putting your money on a Super Bowl 2019 champion.
Who Has a Chance to Shock the World?
- Baltimore Ravens
- The Ravens are built off of two things that many prior Lombardi Trophy winners were dependent on, hard-nosed defense, and an effective run game. Since Lamar Jackson has taken over as the team’s starting quarterback, the Ravens have developed into the league’s second ranked rush offense. On the opposite side of the ball, Baltimore tops the league in nearly every defensive statistical category. Lamar Jackson will have to show more as a passer for the Ravens to be considered true contenders, but their style of play should keep any opponent that comes their way up at night.
- Seattle Seahawks
- The Seahawks are built much like the Baltimore Ravens, with a prominent run game, and a defense good enough to get the job done. However, instead of a rookie QB at the helm, Seattle touts a former Super Bowl Champion as their signal caller. Russell Wilson, combined with the league’s top rush offense, will likely hand out a handful of upsets by the time Super Bowl LIII comes around.
Super Bowl 2019 Markets
- Outright Winner
The winner of an entire competition rather than a single event. In this case you would place your bet for who you predict to win Super Bowl 2019.
2. Point Spread
The point spread is a figure set by oddsmakers to provide an advantage/disadvantage based on a margin of victory/defeat for a given team.
The team designated as the “favorite” (likely to win), will be given a negative point spread. This means they would have to win the game by the given points to earn you a payout.
The “underdog” is given a positive point spread. Meaning the team can lose a game, but as long as it is within the given positive point spread,
they would still be considered winners against the spread.
Los Angeles Rams (-3.5) vs. New England Patriots (+3.5)
The Rams enter the game as 3.5-point favorites, meaning they would have to win the game by 4 points or more to win the bet. New England, on the other hand, enters the game as a 3.5-point underdog. The Patriots could either win the game or lose the game, but by no more than 3 points to win the bet.
Example: Rams defeat Patriots 20-17. The Rams win the game, but the Patriots win the bet due to not losing by more than 3 points. In terms “covering the spread.”
3. Total (Over/Under)
The total is a marker set by oddsmakers to determine the combination of points scored by both teams. You can place your bet on whether you believe the total will be over or under the set total.
Rams vs. Patriots (Over/Under 40 points)
Rams win 20-17, giving a total of just 37 points scored between the two teams. Since 37 is less than 40, the game went UNDER.
Outright Betting Markets
Here is a compilation of the outright betting markets that are currently available and ready for you to place your bets on NOW!
- Early Super Bowl LIII Line AFC/NFC
- NFC (-2.5) favored over AFC
- Straight Up Winner – Full Time
- Top 3
- Over/Under – Full Time
- O/U 5 points
Super Bowl Prop Bets
- Examples of Previous Super Bowl Prop Bets
- How long will it take to sing the National Anthem?
- What color will Pink’s hair be when she starts singing the National Anthem?
- Will either quarterback throw over 400 yards passing?
- Will anyone besides Tom Brady and Nick Foles take a snap during the game?
- Will Tom Brady’s jersey be stolen again?
- Will the first offensive play be a run or a pass?
Super Bowl 2019 Props bets and Alternative Bets
Whilst many bettors will focus on the match markets, there are a number of prop bets and specialist markets which offer a more light-hearted look at the Super Bowl 2019.
Most of the fun markets revolve around the half time entertainment. One such example is the ‘Will Justin Timberlake be wearing a hat at the start of his show?’ market. Some bookmakers also offer bettors and fans the chance to predict what colour he will be wearing during his performance.
Another fun market is ‘How long will it take Pink to sing the National Anthem?’ with the options set at ‘Over 2 minutes’ or ‘Under 2 minutes’. Overs is the clear favourite at around 1.70. There are additional options such as ‘Will Pink forget or miss out a word from the National Anthem?’.
One of the more bizarre offerings is ‘Will “Nipplegate” be mentioned during the broadcast and it’s a short price that the commentators and pundits will reference the now-infamous event.
Back to the football, it is possible to wager on which coach (Bill Belichick or Doug Pederson) will be shown first one screen once the broadcast gets underway and Tom Brady is odds-on favourite to be the first player shown singing the National Anthem ahead of the game.
There are a number of fun bets to keep fans entertained throughout the broadcast and they are a great way of potentially making some money without predicting the outcome of the contest.
Superbowl LII Results (2018)
A number of top Canadian bookmakers have already priced up Superbowl LIII with the Patriots fancied to bounce back from their disappointment in Minnesota. They are currently priced at +450 with William Hill for success in 2019 with the Green Bay Packers and this year’s success story; the Philadelphia Eagles joint second favourites at +900. The Jacksonville Jaguars, who were narrowly squeezed out by the Patriots during the Conference Championship can be supported at +2500
Bodog Sports have the Patriots at a slightly bigger price of +600 with many NFL pundits not convinced that Tom Brady will be able to have the same influence on his side next season. The draft will play a big part in shaping the market and if Nick Foles is traded, he could once again have a huge influence on next season and Superbowl LIII.
Super Bowl Bets in Canada
Every bookmaker will have many Super Bowl betting markets available. Sports Interaction is one of the best sites for online sports bettors and they have many Super Bowl betting lines available plus the option of live betting once the match gets underway.
Sports Interaction currently have a point spread market available on the side from each division and they offer all new customers in Canada a free $200 bet when they sign up for an account. This could be used to bet on Super Bowl 2019.
Bodog Sports have a market priced up which is available in the ‘football’ section of their website and offers odds on each side winning Super Bowl LIII. Once you’ve signed up for a new account with any of the top bookmakers in Canada, it couldn’t be easier to place your first wager.
There will be a dedicated Super Bowl betting section which will have moneyline, point spread and other betting options. If you’re struggling to find any Super Bowl bets, click on ‘Futures’ and the likes of Bet365 and Bodog Sports have their Super Bowl 2019 markets in that particular section of the site.
Super Bowl Betting Tips
It’s always a good idea to explore the alternative Super Bowl betting options before placing a wager on the event. Take a look at the various Props bets available for Super Bowl 52 as these can include anything from the coin toss to first turnover of the game as these can often provide more value and bigger returns than straightforward moneyline picks.
Super Bowl Schedule
- The 2018 NFL regular season started on Thursday, September 6, 2018, just three days removed from Labor Day. The opening game in the NFL consisted of the defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, versus the Atlanta Falcons. Philadelphia defeated Atlanta to the tune of 18-12
- The NFL regular season consists of 17 weeks, with each of the 32 NFL teams receiving a single bye week, where they don’t play a game. Week 17, the final week of the 2018 NFL regular season, took place on December 30th and ended with an 8:20 pm kickoff between the Indianapolis Colts and the Tennessee Titans. The former, came away victorious in a 33-17 route, and punched their ticket as the last and final playoff team.
- The NFL’s 17-week regular season schedule, along with a four-week combination of playoff games and the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl game, pushes the Super Bowl into the New Year. The Super Bowl takes place on the first Sunday of February, just as it has since Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002.
- Super Bowl LIII will be played on Sunday, February 3, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. Kickoff in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium will occur at approximately 6:30 pm (ET).
Interesting Facts About the Super Bowl
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have hoisted the Lombardi trophy more than any other NFL team. The Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers have each won five Super Bowls, while Pittsburgh has won six.
- New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms was paid $75,000 to shout, “I’m going to Disney World” on the field following the Giants Super Bowl XXI victory over the Denver Broncos.
- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is tied with Hall of Fame pass rusher Charles Haley for most Super Bowl wins. While each player owns five Super Bowl rings, Brady has captured all his playing for just one team. Haley won championships as both a member of the 49ers and the Cowboys.
- The New England Patriots have appeared in the big game more than any other NFL team. The Pats have made it to Super Bowl Sunday an astonishing ten times.
- The most expensive ticket to attend Super Bowl I cost a measly $12.00 back in 1967. Based off of inflation, that would cost you an affordable $89 today. The first Super Bowl tickets didn’t even sell out!
- A 30-second commercial spot during the Super Bowl would have cost you around $40,000 during the inaugural Super Bowl. Fast forward today, that same 30-second commercial slot will run $5.5+ million dollars.
- The Buffalo Bills played in a record setting four consecutive Super Bowl from 1990-1993. Buffalo came away empty handed, losing every single game.
- No NFL team has ever had the privilege of playing a Super Bowl with home field advantage. Never has an organization made it to the Super Bowl the same year that the big game was taking place in their home Stadium.
- A power outage in New Orleans’ Superdome halted play for approximately 34 minutes in Super Bowl XLVII.
- Super Bowl LI is the only Super Bowl to ever go into overtime. The New England Patriots ended up benefiting the most from the additional period. The Pats defeated the Atlanta Falcons 34-28.