Napoli vs Paris: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Tuesday, November 6th, 2018, 3:00pm
Stadio San Paolo Naples
After Napoli snagged a draw on matchday three, the pressure is now on ParisSaint-Germain to fulfil their expectations of qualifying from a tough Champions League group.
The last meeting between these two sides proved as mouthwatering as it promised it to be, with the spoils being even after PSG fought back twice to snatch a point at the death.
When Group C was drawn, it was almost staggering that three teams of Napoli, PSG and Liverpool’s quality would be drawn together. The group has most certainly delivered in terms of entertainment thus far. Every slip up each team makes only raises the stakes of the next game.
It’s difficult to predict how this game will pan out considering Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti has approached each game so differently. With how Liverpool played against PSG in mind, Napoli will most likely want to flex their attacking prowess and take the game to the visitors.
When two sides of such attacking quality meet it’s more often than not decided by whose defence can hold up against the other team’s attack. It’s sure to be a game of fine margins.
However, Ancelotti’s tactical ability may very well be enough to push Napoli past PSG in this one, 2-1 Napoli.
- Over 2.5 goals
A simple enough bet but PSG have concede at least two goals in five of their last six Champions League matches. There has also been over 2.5 goals scored in PSG’s last 18 games in the Champions League.
- Napoli to win and both teams to score
Napoli are an incredibly formidable team at home and we saw last matchday that they can hold their own against PSG. There will of course be goals in this one but Napoli taking home all is the spoils is a great bet.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
This is only the second time Napoli and PSG have met in a competitive setting, the first being last matchday where the two teams drew 2-2 thanks to a last minute Angel Di Maria goal.
- PSG somewhat surprisingly lead the way in winning aerial duels in the Champions League this season, winning 66.7% of them.
- In home games this season, Napoli rank 17th in shots taken per game with 14, lagging behind compatriots Inter Milan, Juventus and Roma.
- PSG average the fifth most possession in the Champions League (56.8%) and have the third best pass accuracy (89.8%).
- Despite the stiff opposition faced, it’s surprising to see Napoli ranked 20th for goals scored in the Champions League this season with three.