Manchester City vs Burnley: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, January 26, 2019, 10:00
City of Manchester Stadium
Pep Guardiola’s quest for the quadruple sees Manchester City come up against a reinvigorated Burnley side spying a sniff of silverware themselves.
It is time for the FA Cup fourth round and the Premier League’s two form sides collide in an unexpectedly juicy encounter.
Neither side has lost a game in 2019 with Burnley’s remarkable turnaround in form taking them from relegation fodder to trophy hunters all in the space of five games.
However, for Manchester City it is as you were with the blue half of Manchester continuing to steamroll opponents as the club steps up a gear for serial trophy assault in 2019.
The quadruple is still a possibility for the Citizens and top betting sites have them in for a real chance to complete the remarkable feat, but first they must overcome a stubborn Burnley side.
The bad news for Sean Dyche’s Clarets is the sheer volume of goals City are putting past opposition. City have scored 24 goals this month alone (prior to the EFL Cup second leg) and that is a cause for concern.
However, Burnley have been resolute at the back and have only conceded twice in their four outings this month, but their problem lies up top in which just five goals has followed in four outings and the fact that they have not won at City since 1963.
Expect City to win the game but Burnley to keep it respectable in a solid but forgettable 2-0 win for the home side.
- Manchester City to keep a clean sheet is 5/9 with 10bet
Guardiola’s side have kept four clean sheets in row and in two of their last three home ties against Burnley. 10bet make it 5/9 they do it again.
- Phil Foden to score anytime is 5/2 with 888Sport
Young Englishman Phil Foden has had limited game time this season but has proven a hit when he has played, and Guardiola is a big fan. 888sport have him 5/2 to make a scoring impression.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The two sides met in the third round of last year’s FA Cup at the Etihad Stadium with the home side running out comfortable 4-1 winners.
However, this will only be the fifth FA Cup meeting between the two with Burnley winning just one of the three ties played so far.
- The pair met in the third round of the competition last season with City winning 4-1 at the Etihad.
- Burnley won the first ever FA Cup tie between the two 3-0 back in January 1931.
- Burnley’s only FA Cup success game in 1914 whilst City have won the competition five times, most recently 2011.
- City midfielder İlkay Gündoğan has four assists in the FA Cup this season, the most since the Premier League sides entered the competition.
- Burnley have not won on City soil since March 1963.