Man City vs Man Utd: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Sunday, November 11th, 2018, 11:30am
Etihad Stadium, Manchester
Strap yourself in for one of the world’s most eagerly anticipated derbies as old rivals Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho meet with Manchester City and Manchester United.
The eyes of the world will be tuned onto Manchester for this derby day delight that will have even the most casual of sports fan glued to their screen.
Once upon a time this game would have made the Red Devils overwhelming favourites, but the pendulum of power has swung over to the noisy neighbour with City looking to extend their unbeaten start to the season to twelve games.
However, United have remerged from a period of difficulty with three wins from their last four Premier League outings.
That helps make this contest even more intriguing but no matter whichever way you look at it, the blue half of Manchester will come into the game as favourites (and rightly so).
The stats are firmly in City’s favour especially considering Pep’s men have scored 14 more goals than United and conceded 14 fewer.
However, a derby game is a funny affair as both sides picked up a win against each other last season and both away from home.
We do not expect that this time with City going from strength to strength and United looking as they have taken a step back making the home side our predictions to pick up a 2-1 win with a tense finish set to ensue.
- Man City to win with a one goal margin
Five of the last six matches between these two has seen either side only win by a single goal and there is little to suggest that will change this Sunday.
- A goal to be scored before 24:00
You have to go back to the end of September for the last time City failed to score a home goal before the 24th minute and for the last three matches in a row the Citizens have scored in the opening 18 minutes.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
There is much history between the two sides with a rivalry that runs deep as one would expect.
Last season provided much entertainment as City snatched a 2-1 win at Old Trafford in December before United gained revenge with a thrilling 3-2 win at the Etihad in April.
Overall City have beaten United 51 times but have lost on 73 occasions to the red half of Manchester with 52 stalemates between the two.
- Eight games have passed between the two since either side recorded back to back wins over their opponent (Manchester City in 2014).
- Both City and United goalkeepers Ederson and David De Gea have played every single minute of Premier League action this season.
- Manchester City have scored 14 more goals than United this season and conceded 14 less.
- Manchester United have recorded just one clean sheet this season while City have kept seven.
- Despite having scored less this season than City, United have scored three headed goals to City’s two.