Man City vs Chelsea: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Sunday, February 10th, 2019, @11:00
Chelsea travel to the Etihad Stadium with the hope of denting Manchester City’s title aspirations and boosting their chances of a Champions League spot.
When Manchester City lost to Newcastle at St James’ Park the gap between the champions and Liverpool at the top of the table looked possibly insurmountable. But Pep Guardiola’s men have already clawed back a 10 point deficit this season and will feel that they can get another three at home to an inconsistent Chelsea side.
The 4-0 mauling Chelsea received at Bournemouth came as a shock to many but the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain has given Maurizio Sarri’s side an outlet up front – and a recognised striker who scores goals. Chelsea play City and United, as well as Tottenham Hotspur, before the end of the season so could have a big say in where the Premier League trophy ends up.
Liverpool are still the favourites with most online betting sites but Manchester City look like they will push them all the way – and not give up their Premier League crown easily. Sergio Aguero in particular has been in very impressive form and if the Chelsea defence is not set up properly he may add to his goal tally once again.
Even with their dips in form over the season, Chelsea look the club most likely to claim Champions League qualification. A result away at Manchester City seems a long shot though. With the likes of Eden Hazard and Willian they may be able to threaten City more than most clubs but this could end 2-0 to the hosts.
- Manchester City to win to nil
Higuain has given Chelsea more chance of scoring goals but if Manchester City can nullify Hazard they could come away with a clean sheet.
- Total goal under 2.5
With Manchester City scoring so many goals a lot of bookies have shortened their odds on there being another big haul against Chelsea.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Manchester City kicked off the season by beating Chelsea 2-0 in the Community Shield. But the London club won by the same margin when the two sides met in December.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 14 hat tricks in his time at Manchester City and now sits in the top three for Premier League goals this season.
- Eden Hazard features highly in the Premier League goal charts but has also made more goals than anyone else this season.
- Manchester City have scored more goals than anyone else in the division – and by quite a margin. They have scored five times as many as bottom club Huddersfield.
- With the ups and downs experienced by Chelsea this season it has gone largely unnoticed that only Liverpool have kept more clean sheets in the league.