Man City vs Bournemouth: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, December 1st, 2018, @10:00 am ET
City of Manchester Stadium
Champions Manchester City welcome Bournemouth to the Etihad Stadium with the visitors stuck in a worrying run of form.
Manchester City are starting to look like they may well go on to win back to back Premier League titles. Still unbeaten in the league, they are also scoring a lot of goals in the process. Liverpool and Spurs are just about keeping in touch with the champions but Pep Guardiola’s side are looking mightily impressive this season.
With meagre resources – especially compared to their hosts here – Bournemouth have surprised many pundits this season by competing at the top end of the table. But three successive defeats have knocked the Cherries back a little and an away trip against Manchester City is probably not going to be the game that arrests that slide.
Manchester City were 3-0 up before 35 minutes had passed away to West Ham and never looked in any trouble from the home side. In the last four games City have played away at West Ham they have won 17-1 on aggregate and it is not just the unhappy Hammers that have been on the end of a thrashing.
Bournemouth could perhaps count themselves unlucky to have lost to Arsenal in their most recent fixture. David Brooks was harshly ruled offside when he put the ball in the back of the net and if the goal had stood Eddie Howe’s men may have been able to manage a draw. Getting anything from this Manchester City side is another thing altogether though and a 3-0 home victory is not inconceivable.
- Total goals over 3.5
Manchester City have scored more than two goals in each of their last four Premier League fixtures so a busy day for the Bournemouth keeper seems guaranteed.
- Leroy Sane to score at any time
Manchester City’s German attacker has scored three in the last three Premier League games and is in a fine run of form
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Manchester City won this fixture 4-0 last season and have never lost to Bournemouth in any competitive match.
- Even with Manchester City sharing around the goals this season, Sergio Agüero is still the top marksman in the Premier League with eight.
- Ryan Fraser is having a really good season for Bournemouth and heads the assists table with six.
- Manchester City are scoring for fun this season – they have now found the net on 40 occasions, 12 more than any other team.
- Bournemouth have failed to score in only one of their last seven Premier League matches – the 0-0 draw in the derby match against Southampton. But they have not picked up a point in their last three games.