Juventus vs Atlético Madrid: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 @15:00
Round of 16, Leg 2/2
Juventus welcome Atletico Madrid to the Allianz Stadium for this Champions League second leg tie – the Spanish take a two-goal lead to Turin and will be confident of reaching the next round.
Juventus are run away leaders in Serie A and remain unbeaten in the league so far this season – in the first leg against Atletico Madrid however they were well and truly out played as defenders Jose Maria Gimenez and Diego Godin headed in from two set piece plays.
Atletico Madrid are second in La Liga and as of time of writing they are seven points behind Barcelona going into this weekend’s game at home with Leganes – and have lost just one of their last 11 games in the Champions League, a 4-0 loss to Borussia Dortmund in the group stage.
Juventus came top of their Champions League group on 12 points ahead of the likes of Manchester United, Valencia, and Young Boys – scoring nine times, three of which came in a 3-0 win over the Swiss side. Four goals in their last five Champions League games is a poor return though for a side featuring Cristiano Ronaldo.
Atletico finished second in their Champions League group level on 13 points with Borussia Dortmund bit ahead of Club Brugge and Monaco – scoring nine times, three of which came in a 3-1 win over Club Brugge at home. Diego Costa and Thomas Partey are both suspended for this game and that lack of depth may be an issue that contributes to a 1-1 draw.
- Juventus and Atletico Madrid to draw
Juventus need a big night here to overturn their 2-0 defeat in Madrid, but they will come up against a team that has kept clean sheets in their last four Champions League games.
- Total goals under 2.5
Both these teams have stingy defences, and this could be a cagey tactical affair and that is why the bookies are offering 7/10 for the under 2.5 goals scored market.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These sides met in the 2014 Champions League group stage, with Atletico Madrid winning 1-0 at home while the return game in Turin finished 0-0 – meaning in three games between the teams Atleti have won twice and drawn once while Juventus have yet to score against the Spaniards.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last nine home games since losing to Manchester United 2-1 in November – conceding just four times in that period, and three of those goals came in a 3-3 draw with Parma.
- Atletico have kept four clean sheets in their last four games and have lost just three of their last 34 matches in all competitions. Madrid have draw seven of their last 14 away games
- Juventus are looking to lift the trophy for the first time since beating Real Madrid on penalties in 1996 but have a huge task to turn around the tie in this game to reach the final like they did in 2015 and 2017.
- Atletico Madrid will be happy after watching their city rivals who have beaten them twice in the final crash out 4-1 against Ajax during the week and will want to reach the final in their own Wanda Metropolitano Stadium and lift the cup for the first time.