Everton vs Chelsea Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Sunday, March 17th, 2019, @11:30 AM
Goodison Park, Liverpool
Chelsea travel to Merseyside in an attempt to consolidate their European qualification spot and put some pressure on the top four.
Everton will feel aggrieved that Newcastle were able to come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at St James’s Park last time out – and manager Marco Silva may well have a point about his protestation of offside over one of the Newcastle goals. But there is no way his side should have let their opponents back into the match after going two goals up and he will want more discipline shown against Chelsea.
Chelsea had Eden Hazard to thank once again for the point salvaged at home to Wolves in their last match. The London side had the vast majority of the possession but it was only Hazard’s strike – deep in injury time – that helped them avoid defeat. Things are not clicking at Stamford Bridge at the moment and Maurizio Sarri needs to figure out what is wrong soon to boost morale around the club.
Everton have been largely unimpressive since just before Christmas and are in danger of seeing this season fade into obscurity. The 0-0 draw against Liverpool was a lonely recent highlight and a mid table finish is probably the best that Everton can hope for. The bookmakers don’t seem to have any confidence them going on a winning streak.
Chelsea are still in with a real shout for a Champions League spot but there doesn’t seem to be much confidence of that in the players’ performance and the reaction of the fans. The West London club could end the day in fourth if other results go their way and if Hazard performs this could end in a 2-0 away victory.
- Chelsea to win to nil
Betting sites have even less confidence in Everton than they have in Chelsea and that is reflected in the odds for this match.
- Everton to score under 0.5 goals
Everton have scored under 0.5 goals in five of their last six games with Chelsea and that trend could continue here.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The last two games between these two clubs have ended 0-0 – including the match at Stamford Bridge in November.
- Chelsea have only scored nine more goals than Everton in the league this season – but are 20 points better off than the Merseyside club.
- Everton have lost two of their last three games at Goodison Park – the other one was the 0-0 draw in the Merseyside derby.
- Chelsea beat Fulham in their last away match, but in the three preceding that they conceded 12 goals and didn’t score any at all.
- Jordan Pickford saved a penalty in the match against Newcastle but Everton have had three spot kicks of their own saved this season – the most in the Premier League.