Eintracht Frankfurt vs Inter Milan: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, March 7th 2019, @12:55
Round 16 Leg 1/2
Frankfurt are in fifth position in the Bundesliga and welcome an Inter Milan side that are currently in fourth in Serie A to the Commerzbank Arena.
Eintracht Frankfurt are unbeaten in their last seven Bundesliga games and are coming off the back of a 3-2 home win over Hoffenheim on the weekend.
Inter were well beaten 2-1 by an energetic Cagliari side in Sardinia on the weekend and that result followed on from a thrilling 3-3 draw with Fiorentina the previous week – three losses, two defeats, and a draw in their last six Serie A games means Inters form is patchy at best and a falling out with club captain Mauro Icardi has deprived them of their best source of goals.
Frankfurt knocked out Ukrainian side Shakthar Donetsk 6-3 in the last round of the Europa League over the two legs – a fantastic 4-1 win at home meant the Germans set up a mouth-watering tie with Italian giants inter. Frankfurt finished top of their group on a full return of 18 points ahead of Lazio, Apollon and Olympic Marseille.
Inter beat Austrian team Rapid Vienna 5-0 on aggregate in the last round – with a 4-0 home win killing off the tie. The Milanese outfit dropped down from the Champions League after failing to qualify out of a group that also contained Barcelona and Tottenham. A 2-2 draw would set up the return leg nicely.
- Eintracht and Inter to draw
Both sides will want to continue in this competition as it is their only chance at silverware this season and this could make it a fiercely contested tie.
- Total goals over 3.5
Frankfurt have scored 13 times in their last five matches in all competitions while inter have scored 12 and that is why the bookies are offering odds for the over 3.5 goals scored market.
1 x 2 Odds
|Eintracht Frankfurt||Draw||Inter Milan|
Head To Head
These sides have never met in European competition.
- Inter won twice, drew twice and lost twice in their Champions League group stage before dropping down into this season’s Europa League. The Nerazzurri have won just eight of their 18 away games in all competition this season.
- Eintracht Frankfurt won all six of their Europa League group stage games and won on their last visit to Italy when they beat Lazio 2-1 – the German side have lost just three of their 17 home games this term
- Inter will be looking to reach the final of the Europa League for the first time although they did win the old UEFA Cup three times in the 1990s.
- Eintracht Frankfurt will be hoping to reach the final of the competition for the first time since they lifted the trophy in 1980 when they defeated fellow German side Borussia Monchengladbach on away goals over two legs.