Cardiff vs Arsenal: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – Premier League
Sunday, September 2, 2018, 07:30 UTC-5
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff
Arsenal will spy an opportunity to make it consecutive wins under Unai Emery as they travel to Wales to face a side yet to score on their return to the Premier League.
Many predict newly promoted Cardiff City to drop straight back out of the division just like they did in their only other previous Premier League season.
However, there is one thing that may save them, and that is their defence. Back-to-back clean sheets has given Neil Warnock’s side belief that they can compete at this level and have registered two draws so far.
Goals though is a big issue as the Bluebirds are the only side in the league yet to score. Expect this to be something Emery’s Gunners take full advantage of as they continue to find their feet under their new head coach and come away from South Wales with a comfortable 2-0 win.
By far that is the best value bet on an Arsenal match winner bet.
Remarkably, Cardiff have failed to score against the Gunners in their last four meetings in all competitions and with no goals so far this season, there is no reason to suggest that trend will end on Sunday
No one can argue that Arsenal should win, but Cardiff have proven solid in defence having conceded just two goals this season and having recorded back to back clean sheets.
Arsenal themselves have proved slow burners and have not scored earlier than the 30th minute making for something of a cagey opening half an hour.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Cardiff’s record against Arsenal makes for painful reading for fans of the Bluebirds.
Cardiff have not beaten the Gunners in any competition since the 11th February 1961. Thirteen games have since past since Cardiff won and during that period Arsenal have won eight of those thirteen meetings.
When Cardiff spent their first season in the Premier League in 2013/14, it was a similar story, Arsenal went to Cardiff in November 2013 and registered a 3-0 win and won the home tie 2-0 for the double over the Bluebirds.
- Cardiff are the only side in the Premier League yet to score a goal this season.
- The pair drew their first ever meeting 0-0 back in a league Division One game in 1921.
- Despite not having scored this season, having kept two clean sheets means only Liverpool have a better defensive record than the Bluebirds.
- Cardiff have made the least number of passes this season with just 887 – that is 487 fewer than Arsenal have managed in their three games this season.
- The Bluebirds have not beaten Arsenal at home since 24th September 1960.