Bayern vs AEK: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018, 15:00 pm
Fußball Arena München Munich
A vital game in group E can see German giants Bayern Munich take a giant leap to the knockout stages with victory over an AEK side still seeking their point.
Bayern Munich host struggling AEK Athens on Wednesday night and will be confident of securing their first home win of the 2018/19 Champions League group campaign.
If they do, they will also take another huge stride in securing a slot in the top two leading Benfica by four points and sharing seven with Ajax at the top.
For AEK, it is more of trying to upset the balance somewhat after three straight defeats has left the Greek giants without a point.
However, Portuguese side Benfica are within touching distance making a Europa League slot still a possibility.
However, it is likely head coach Marinos Ouzounidis may opt to focus on chasing down POAK at the top of the Greek Super League.
Considering Bayern has never lost and kept seven straight clean sheets against Greek opponent, expect something of a comfortable night in Munich for the home side with a repeat of Bayern’s 2-0 win they recorded in the reverse fixture.
- Bayern to win to nil
That is the best way to get value from the inevitable Bayern win.
The Germans have never conceded to a Greek side on home soil in five previous meetings making this bet one you really won’t want to miss.
- A goal before 20:00
In two of Bayern’s three Champions League group games so far, Niko Kovač’s men have netted a goal in the opening ten minutes making this a great way for an early pay out.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The pairs only meeting was in match day three at AEK’s Olympic Athletic Center of Athens.
Bayern won the game 2-0 thanks to two quick fire goals in the 61st and 63rd minutes from Javi Martinez and Robert Lewandowski.
However, the Germans have never lost to Greek opponents in ten matches recording eight wins and two draws and have not conceded a single goal in five home games scoring eighteen in the process.
- Bayern Munich have never lost to Greek opponent in ten matches winning eight and recording two draws.
- AEK Athens have never made it past the group stages in the Champions League in four previous attempts.
- Bayern have won four of their last five home games against Greek opposition scoring eighteen goals and not having conceded a single goal.
- AEK defeated Scottish Champions Celtic and Hungarian side Vidi to reach the group stages of this seasons Champions League.
- This is the 22nd time Bayern Munich have competed in the Champions League group stage while it is AEK’s fifth.