Barcelona vs Lyon: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 @15:00
Round of 16, Leg 2/2
Surely there can’t be another shock in this year’s Champions League? Lyon travel to Barcelona hoping to upset the bookies.
Barcelona were unable to finish in Lyon two weeks ago and now will need to find the net at home in the Camp Nou if they are to go through to the quarter finals. With Real Madrid already knocked out of the competition, Barcelona are the last Spanish club left and will fancy their chances of going all the way.
Lyon are looking good in the league and should qualify for Europe once again next season – but they did fall to struggling Monaco after the first leg against Barcelona and will know that they cannot afford to make the same mistakes in Spain if they are to have any chance of progressing.
The bookies were not expecting a 0-0 draw from the first leg between these two sides and surely there will be goals in the second leg. Lionel Messi, in particular, will want to get on the score sheet and help his side through to the next round.
Lyon have their talismanic captain Nabil Fekir back after suspension and will be relying on the France international to give the side the spark they need to do what most sports betting sites don’t believe will happen – to get an away win in Barcelona. The Spanish side should win this comfortably – a 3-0 home win is not inconceivable.
- Total goats over 3.5
It was a big surprise that the first leg between these two ended in a goalless stalemate but there not many fans thinking that the second leg will go the same way.
- Lionel Messi to score the first goal
Lionel Messi has scored five goals in his last five games at home for Barcelona and the Argentinian superstar will be looking to find the net as soon as possible.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Lyon have never beaten Barcelona in any competition – and have conceded 16 goals in just 7 games against the Spanish giants.
- Only Real Madrid have made more attempts at goal in this season’s Champions League than Barcelona – and that is sure to change in the second leg.
- Lyon have lost only one of their last eight away matches in European competition – and none of their last five in the Champions League.
- Only Robert Lewandowski has scored more goals in the Champions League than Lionel Messi – the Barcelona striker had a hand in most of the 25 shots his side attempted in the first leg.
- Lyon have lost their last two matches in France’s Ligue 1 – 1-0 in Nice and 2-0 against Monaco.