Arsenal vs Cardiff: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Tuesday, January 29th 2019 @14:45
Arsenal look to continue their Premier League winning ways as they welcome struggling Cardiff to the Emirates.
Aaron Ramsey showed Arsenal fans what they will be missing next year with a scintillating display against Chelsea in their 2-0 win. The Wales international will relish the visit of his hometown club and look to add to his goal tally in a game that the London side will be heavily favoured to win.
Cardiff were bitterly disappointed to go down at Newcastle in what was a vital match in their quest to avoid relegation this season. The Bluebirds need to beat their immediate rivals for the drop and view games such as the visit to Arsenal as bonuses if they are to stay up this season. Expect a defensive display from the Welsh side who would treat a point as a job well done.
Sports betting sites seem to have stepped away from believing that Arsenal will qualify for the Champions League this season but Unai Emery will be encouraged by the injury crisis at local rivals Tottenham Hotspur to think that his side could squeeze into the top four. Three more points is an absolute must and it seems likely that Arsenal will win without much trouble.
Cardiff were knocked out of the FA Cup by lower league Gillingham so can now concentrate on the league – but getting anything from a visit to North London is a big ask. They have only won one of their last seven Premier League games and that trend doesn’t look like changing here. This could end 3-0 to the Gunners.
- Arsenal to win to nil
Cardiff have struggled all season to put the ball in the back of the net and even with a makeshift Arsenal defence they may not get many chances at the Emirates.
- Arsenal to score over 3.5 goals
If Cardiff capitulate in the same manner as they did to Newcastle – who haven’t scored many themselves this season – then the Arsenal attackers could have a field day.
1 x 2 Odds
Head To Head
Arsenal have enjoyed the lion’s share of victories between these sides and won 3-2 at the Cardiff City Stadium earlier in the season.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has slipped behind Mo Salah in the goals race but will be looking to add to his 14 for the season with the visit of Cardiff.
- One of the reasons for Cardiff’s current position is their lack of goals. Only bottom of the table Huddersfield have scored fewer.
- Although they have scored far fewer than Manchester City in the Premier League this season, Liverpool are the only other side to score more.
- When you are in a relegation battle you need to take all your chances so Cardiff are not helping themselves by having three penalties saved this season – the most in the Premier League.