Arsenal vs Blackpool: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 2:45am
Blackpool travel to the Emirates to face an Arsenal side who are in top form and gunning for glory.
A point at Selhurst Park may have ruined Arsenal’s recent winning streak but as they came back from two goals down Unai Emery will be pleased with the eventual outcome. Expect a changed side for the visit of League One side Blackpool but this is an Arsenal squad who have got used to winning this season.
Blackpool beat Championship side Queen’s Park Rangers in the last round to book a tie against Arsenal and will go into this match as massive underdogs. But Terry McPhillips’ men will know that their hosts will have their minds on upcoming Premier League and Europa League matches and will be hoping to cause an upset.
Danny Welbeck scored two in the last round against Brentford and another in Arsenal’s recent Europa League victory over Sporting Lisbon. The former Manchester United striker may not always get a look in due to the form of Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but he will hope to get another chance to get on the score sheet against Blackpool.
Blackpool’s performances in the league this season have been fairly patchy, sitting in mid-table after a few months of the campaign. But they have seen off Barnsley, Doncaster and QPR in the EFL Cup and will go into this match against Arsenal knowing that they have nothing to loose. The Gunners will surely be too strong for them whatever side they put out however – this could end 3-0 to the home side.
- Danny Welbeck to score first
Welbeck always seems to do well when he is given the chance – and the EFL Cup may be his best opportunity of goals this season.
- Total goals over 3.5
It could depend on what starting XI Unai Emery goes with but there is the potential for goals against Blackpool and the home fans could be in for a treat.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Unsurprisingly these two sides have not met for a while. The last time was during Blackpool’s season in the Premier League back in the 2010/11 season when Arsenal won both games – 3-1 and 6-0.
- Arsenal have won the League Cup twice in their history, most recently in 1993 when they beat Sheffield Wednesday in the final. They also beat the same opposition in that year’s FA Cup final.
- The closet Blackpool have come to London this season was when they played Wycombe Wanderers on the opening day of the season – grinding out a 0-0 draw.
- Arsenal went all the way to the final of the EFL Cup last season, before being beaten 3-0 by eventual winners Manchester City.
- Blackpool’s EFL Cup campaign came to an early end last season as they lost 2-1 away at Wigan in the very first round.