US PGA 2018 – Bellerive, Missouri – Preview, Predictions & Tips
by Ken Edwards, 05 August 2018.
2018 US PGA Championship Odds
Leading Australian Odds
Jason Day is the obvious choice, however, both Marc Leishmann and Adam Scott have been in great form and are at good odds.
2018 US PGA Championship: The Stats
|Date||August 9-12 2018|
Bellerive Country Club Golf Course, St Louis, Missouri, USA.
Jack Nicklaus – 5
|Most Runner-Up Finishes||
Jack Nicklaus – 4
|Lowest 72-hole score to Par||
20 under Par – Jason Day (2015)
The 2018 US PGA Championship is the 100th version of the historic event and it will be played at the Bellerive Golf Course on the outskirts of St Louis, Missouri, August 9-12 2018.
Can Jason Day use his wonderful short game on the deepest-bunkers on the tour to make a run for the title, or will World Number 1 Dustin Johnson, Rory Mcllroy or Jordan Speith challenge?
- Recently-crowned British Open champ Francesco Molinari to continue?
- Best bets to win the 2018 US PGA Championship?
- Who are the leading Australians?
2018 U.S. PGA Championship Preview
After Carnoustie bared his ugly teeth and played tough for most of the British Open event, players can look forward to an easier time at the Bellerive Country Club in St Louis which last hosted the event in 1992 and more recently, the BMW Championship in 2008.
It’s a course that can be tamed by the shorter hitters, but you better be good out-of-the-sand and on-the-greens.
Getting up-and-down and scrambling-for-par will be crucial at Bellerive;
- World No.1 Dustin Johnson – 3rd in avoiding 3 putts on tour.
- Aussie Jason Day is best-equipped to handle Bellerive’s sand (No.1 bunker player on tour)
- England’s Tommy Fleetwood’s accuracy will come-into-play.