Tottenham vs Man Utd: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Manchester United make the trip to Wembley for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first real test as manager.
When Manchester City beat Liverpool recently many fans and pundits welcomed the result as proving that there was still a title race to follow this season. But Tottenham have been quietly going about their business and sit just two points behind Pep Guardiola’s side. Three points against a resurgent United is by no means guaranteed but sports betting sites will have the home side as favourites.
Manchester United have been like a team transformed since Jose Mourinho left – with both points and smiles returning to Old Trafford. But Spurs are a much harder prospect than any of the sides faced since Solskjaer took over and he may find that the North London side will not give in as easy.
Tottenham’s defeat at home to Wolves just after Christmas was a major disappointment for everyone at the club but a convincing win away to Cardiff and a 7-0 thumping of Tranmere in the FA Cup since then will means that confidence will be sky high once again. Mauricio Pochettino will be wary of Manchester United’s rise in form but will still expect three points at home.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has managed to bring not only stability but enjoyment to the United side since he took over and has actively looked to involve some of the players that Mourinho had seemed to fallen out with. Spurs away will be difficult however and a 2-1 victory for the home side could be on the cards.
- Tottenham to win
It shows how much Solskjaer’s United have changed since he took over that the odds are so long for a home win for the club lying third in the table. This seems like good value considering.
- Tottenham to win and both teams to score
Although Mourinho was attacked for his defensive tactics his side had been scoring this season and that has not changed since the change in manager. Even if they lose at Wembley it is likely that they will get on the score sheet.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Spurs have not lost at home to Manchester United since 2012 and were victorious at Old Trafford earlier in the season.
- Harry Kane has started to get into a goal groove now – with 14 Premier League goals and 19 in total for the season.
- Manchester United have lost exactly the same amount of games as Spurs in the league this season but have 10 fewer points.
- Much is made of the attacking threat of Tottenham but their defence has been just as impressive – only Alisson and Kepa have kept more clean sheets than Hugo Lloris.
- Lack of discipline is sometimes seen as a pointer to an unsuccessful season but Manchester United are third in the table for yellow cards in the Premier League.