Super Rugby 2018 – Week 5-7 Previews, Form Guide, Tips & Predictions
by Ken Edwards, 14 March 2018
- 17 March – Venue – Canberra – vs Sharks – Brumbies Win Odds at $1.91
- 24 March – Bye
- 31 March – Venue – Canberra – Week 7 vs NSW Waratahs
The Brumbies look forward to returning to Canberra, after starting the season 1-2 away. Coach McKeller sees Rebels loss as a turning point for his side . We sense two home wins for the Brumbies coming up.
- 17 March – Venue – Buenos Aires – vs Jaguares – Reds Win Odds $2.95
- 24 March – Venue – Cape Town – Week 6 vs Stormers
- 31 March – Bye
The revolution of coach Brad Thorn is underway and his player’s style is winning back the fans in Brisbane. The big test of how far Thorn has developed this young side will be seen over the coming weeks away in Argentina and South Africa. May struggle away from Queensland.
- 18 March – Venue – Sydney – vs Rebels – Waratahs Win Odds $1.80
- 24 March – Bye – Week 6
- 31 March – Venue – Canberra – Week 7 vs Brumbies
How happy will the Waratahs be to return home to Australia? Very.
How successful will that return be?
After being thumped by the Jaguares in Buenos Aires last week, it doesn’t get any easier as they will face the red-hot and conference-leading Melbourne Rebels in Sydney followed by a trip to Canberra to face a Brumbies unit hell-bent on re-igniting their season. We tipping the Waratahs will lose both of those tough games.
- 18 March – Venue – Sydney – vs Waratahs – Rebels win Odds $2.00
- 23 March – Venue – Melbourne – Week 6 vs Sharks
- 31 March – Venue – Melbourne – Week 7 vs Hurricanes
Rebels coach Dave Wessels says his side’s 3-0 record is the “dream start” to their Super Rugby campaign, having overcome a six-day turnaround in thumping the Brumbies in Melbourne to consolidate themselves as Australian Conference leaders, but it must be built upon.
Look for the Rebels to win in style over the coming 3 weeks to go a perfect 6-0 to start the season.